Ihave suffered from a low iron count for years and even after months of iron tabs, when my blood is retested its still low.I have had previos bowel surgery after many years of bowel problems but from what i read sigmoid colectomy for diverticular disease should not contribute towards this problem.I am a 40 year old mother of five and all my children suffer with anemia in some form or other, one has pernicious anemia and is on injections and also has suspected bowel disease another has crohns disease which is severe.does anybody know why with no family history of these things that we would all have aneamia which is pretty much unexplained.I may add that my son who is on the injections has the correct stomach enzymes to absorb b12 and also my children have two different dads so genetics from thier fathers and research tells us it is not related to thier fathers, so is it me?My latest iron count was 7.

Well I know that if your not eating correctly that will cause it. And if you still have your period that could cause it, cause when you have your period you lose alot of iron in that week. If that is not the reason I would tell you to see a specialist about the problem