I train hard... but it seems when i go to do a race.. im terrible. Does possibly being nervous effect racing?

Anyone else experience this?

Terrible in what way? And your training is good - how? Details, man, details!

What distance and pace are you training and what races are you doing and what times are you running?

Howard, I take it that you are in your teen years and you are talking about track running.
The day you are not nervous before a race is the day you should give the game away. My experience was the more nervous I was the better I ran.
Do you have a coach? Remember if you have trained hard and to a peak then eased off a little for your racing season you usually make gains over the following six weeks

A big A-men to that.

Nervous can be lots of things. For instance, nervous about finishing well is different than being nervous about, say, re-injury. Stuff like the latter can make you cautious come the race or at the least take your focus off running well.

If you have a coach (with some experience), they should be able to find the cause of your nervousness and help you use it to your advantage.

thanks. Yeah im 15.. but doing cross country right now. and yeah i have a coach.
But ok i ran yesterday i ran a 5k race... and right off the start i hurt and got cramps.
But today for workout it was 10k, didnt even have warm up just stretched.. but the run felt good. and felt faster then my 5k. ( it was under 5 minutes per k). didnt time my 5k :( which was probly good.