Hi, my wife suffers from Sjogren's syndrome. She has problems with the eyes-they are dry. I have read that patients that are influenced by this condition have abnormal level of proteins in blood to. Since this is something that interests me for my personal reasons, I would appreciate it very much if you would tell me whether the previous statement is true?

Hi, Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune illness. It its case, immune system of our organism recognizes moisture producing glands as a threat and acts against them. This action is conducted by the excessive creation of antibodies that fight the "enemy". The antibodies involved are actually made of proteins. Because of their creation, it is normal to have a high level of proteins in the blood. The doctors are aware of this. You should also know that there is no cure for Sjogren's syndrome. The treatment consists of treating the symptoms. In the case of your wife the symptom is dry eyes. When the doctor resolves this problem, the level of proteins will stagnate. You should advise your wife to see a doctor if any additional changes occur.

any tests to see if we have sjogrens I have all the symptoms and worse,suffering with brain,and heart as well as neuropathy is there any help for me?Even gastro is affected