Hi, I am a very concerned twenty five years old woman. Some time ago changes in my life have occurred. They have, at least I think, medical issue involved. All of a sudden the symptoms have appeared. My hands or fingers tremor and with it I am experiencing increased sweating. Will you please tell me what could be causing this?

Hi, these symptoms are very familiar to me. You see I have them too. I am now in my thirties but manage to control the illness that is affecting me. The illness is called Grave's disease. It is an autoimmune disease which means that our immune system is causing it. It mistakenly sees, in this case, thyroid gland as a threat and creates antibodies that stimulate the excessive production of the hormone called thyroxin. The right cause of it is unknown but there are some suspicions. Combination of heredity, sex, age and stress are found to stimulate the creation of Grave's disease. When the symptoms first occurred with me, I saw a doctor immediately. I suggest you do the same. There is no cure for this condition. The treatment consists of acting against the cause of symptoms. In this case it is the exaggerated creation of thyroxin. I am still on a medical therapy but am feeling well.