Hi, a month ago I started having this pain that I have never had before in my life. It occurred in my joints. Since it did not seize, I went to seek professional medical assistance. The doctor diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis. He also prescribed me some medicine and told me something about this condition. I heard that rheumatoid arthritis can also have severe forms. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. It is caused by our own immune system. It, in your case, recognizes joint tissue as a foreign body and creates antibodies to fight it. As a result, inflammation occurs, which causes pain. There is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis. The treatment for this condition is based on treating the symptoms. If the treatment does not start in some close future from the creation of the illness, there is a possibility that the patient gets a severe form of rheumatoid arthritis. When this happens, joints become so stiff that it is impossible to move them. The illness can also, when severe, affect other organs. This can produce a great damage to them. The organs included in this are heart, lungs and kidneys. Skin, blood vessels and muscles can also be affected. It is god that you have paid a visit to the doctor. Now it is important to follow his orders.