Hi, I have been experiencing joint pain for some time. It was really bordering me and I did not know what to do. Therefore I decided to see a doctor. When I did, and after some tests, he diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis. He did not pay much of attention explaining this condition to me, but prescribed me with a bunch of medicines. Can you tell me something about joint pain caused by this condition?

Hi, I have been dealing with joint pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis for quite some time. I know what it’s like to wake up in the morning and not be able to move your hand because your wrist hurts like hell. For a couple of months I have been trying to solve the problem on my own by taking pain killers. When the situation became intolerable, I decided to see a doctor. The diagnosis for my joint pain was rheumatoid arthritis. Because I have delayed my visit to the doctor, I have only made my situation worse. You see the scientists have not yet determined the cause of rheumatoid arthritis. They believe that it is an autoimmune disease. Our immune system sometimes recognizes parts of our body, like cartilage of the joints in our cases, as a threat and reacts to it by producing antibodies. These are molecules that destroy the mentioned tissue. This reaction causes inflammation of the joint or the tissue around it that is felt like joint pain. Because of all this, you should have faith in your doctor and his treatment. There is not much you can do on your own, so follow his advice. I am on my medication for two years and the latest tests showed that my condition is improving.