Hi, I am very scared. I am in my early twenties and something terrible is happening to me. The other day I felt a lump on my neck. I know what this usually means. Cancer, right? I have not talked to anyone about this. Before I go to the doctor, I would first like to know something more about this. Could you tell me does lump necessarily mean cancer?

Hi, lumps are almost always associated with cancer. This is because most cancers can cause the formation of the lumps. Having this condition should not be taken for granted. The only way to determine of the lump is caused by cancer is by having its' biopsy taken. That is why you must see a doctor as soon as possible. Now some good news. Most of these lumps do not pose a threat of being a cancer. A lot of benign conditions can be represented by these lumps. Even a plain cold can sometimes cause the formation of the lumps. So the answer to your question is that lumps does not necessarily mean cancer, but are not to be ignored. So as I said before you should go to a doctor who will determine the cause of your neck lump.

no, i have a lump on my testicle and i have been doing some research and it says that just because you have a lump doesn't mean its cancer. so there is still hope.

Hi, I'm freaking out big time, I'm 12 years old and my mum has had a lump on her left higher leg for a while now, she is booked a doctors appiontment for next week, but when I asked her if she would tell me if she had cancer, she said no because I would get get upset! And I just want to know what are the changes of her having cancer because she is never going to tell me, thanks holly

Hi, I'm freaking out big time, I'm 12 years old and my mum has had a lump on her left higher leg for a while now, she is booked a doctors appiontment for next week, but when I asked her if she would tell me if she had cancer, she said no because I would get get upset! And I just want to know what are the changes of her having cancer because she is never going to tell me, thanks holly xx

what if it been their awhile

i hope it is not cancer cause i have 2 on my neck.

no lumps in your neck does not mean it is cancer. my daughter has lumps in her neck and the doctor said if they are hard it is not cancer . but you should go and get it check out. Her lumps is soft so that could mean cancer . I pray that its not cancer. Good luck to you.