I need to know something about Grave's disease. My mother has this illness for almost 6 months now and she has been taking medications that help her in a fight against hyperthyroidism. She also experiences eyes problem and that is really bothering her. Are protruding eyes in Grave's vulnerable to sun rays?

Grave's disease is a condition in which thyroid gland is hyperactive active and produces bigger amounts of hormones, T3 and T4. One of main symptoms is protrusion of eyes. This could get really complicated, because sometimes eyelids cannot close over the eye. That could cause problem for eye, making it dry, and in those situations, sun is only making this whole thing worse. Therapy should subdue this symptom, but if not, some additional measures must be taken, but only after the consultation with the doctor.