I am 25 and have this constant water infections since I was 17. The hardest was the first time (bursting feeling etc), then I got used to it!!! Then it was ok, but for the last year it happened 5 times! I am going nuts. What can I do???
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

It is very common for women to have constant water infections, since women’s inside is much more complicated than men’s. However, I always visited doctor, when I had urine infection, and he gave me some antibiotics, which are given only on prescription, I think. I suggest you do the same if you don’t want to get stuck with kidney infection or something- this is not a joke!!!
However, doctor also told me, I must drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Some even take cranberry tablets, but I prefer juice. I also take one tea spoon acidophilus- it can be purchased in any store. Acidophilus is also very good for skin and it reduces overgrowth of yeast, which is the most common reason of constant water infections.
I hope you’ll get rid of this infection for good.

i think that this imformation is good and helped me a lot thank you very much

my neice is always gettig water infections but she does not know why and she gets very cold all the time

I've been getting Water infections since i was about 6, i 15 now im still getting them, ive been doctor and hospital about it They just say drink lots of water, i do that, im just in complete agony all the time, Burning feeling and it keeps me off school, it makes me in discomfort as well, i know women get them more, but i seem to get them quite often and more then my friends... Can you tell me WHY!!? Help!!! :cry:

I Had A Kidney Infection It Is Not Something You Want I Am Only 13 And If You Are Wondering What It Is, You Can't Do Anything It Hurts To Walk And I Was Wating For My Test Results So I Was Stuck With It For 3 Days.

If Ypu Have One Dont Leave It [Like I Did] Tell Someone ItIs Nothing To Be Embarrised About! We All Get It Sometime In Our Life!

It is very likely that woman get more UTI's( more complex word for bladder/water infection whatever you call it. ) Do you know the reason why you get them? Becuase i get them, i go to my doctors.. and they say '' find the reason out why you seem to get them'' probably because your not drinking enough water/cranberry juice etc. You cant keep going on antibiotics, because your body will start to get used to them after a certain amount of time, and wont react when you get a infection again and keep taking the tablets! If you get water infections by not drinking enough water, you need to start to drink it more often!! I get around.. 3 water infections a week! EVERY week! its very painful! but i have found out the reason why i get them - i dont drink enough; try having 2 glasses of cranberry juice a day, if you dont like cranberry juice, buy some tablets or drink at least 1-2 bottles of water a day too keep the bacteria out of your system. i hope this helps. remember, DRINK DRINK DRINK!!

Ive been getting constant water infections for just over a year now, i used t get them before then aswell but they would clear by themselves. Now its like a constand one needing to pee all the time and everynow and then itll hurt like an infection im getting used to it, and not being able to go very far, its like being locked in a box :-(
been to the urology department in my hospital and he said because of my age he won't do anything and ill never be able to normal again, im in the box forever :-(........

Im 16 and i always seem to have water infections, i sometimes think they are in my head and i am just trying to get rid of them by drinking cranberry juice! I will be going to the doctors tomorrow as i think it is alot more. I seem to get this a day or 2 after having sex with my boyfriend. Am i allergic to him?! I hate the pain and i just want it to go because i cannot stand the pain! I have alot of exams coming up soon so i hope i am cured before them. I try and be healthy and i always drink alot of water and have a glass of cranberry every morning. I just hope it gets sorted out because i will be put off sex for life just because of this. Maybe i have a kidney infection? Or im just insane!

I had the same problem when I was 17, I was on the pill and 2 days after sex with my boyfriend I would get terrible water infections. I think I was allergic to his sperm as we started to withdraw rather than having his sperm inside me and it stopped. I also have to wee after sex as if I dont I get a water infection. It is a pain but essential to avoid the pain of the infection. I am still prone to infections but not as bad as what I was then. Water infections make you want to scream, you cant concentrate so I feel for you. With my new boyfriend I use condoms and I started to get infections again so now have to use the non latex type this has stopped them. I think I must be very prone to them and it does make your life a misery!! I hope you get sorted!

^^ You more than likely got a water infection after sex because when the penis is pushed into the vagina, it pushes bacteria into there too

The nurse told me this because I went to the doctors after having sex and everytime I have sex I end up back there for anti-biotics
She told me it is nothing to worry about, but she told me to go to the hospital for tests so I can get it sorted and prevent them. I've had 2 water infections in the past month and she said it needs sorting

To prevent them after sex, urinate before and after sex and try to clean yourself, it gets rid of any bacteria before it enters the body properly and multiplies
Without sex, just drink water, lots of it and keep yourself flushed out. Go to the toilet when you need to and try to prevent holding it in.

i am so glad i read this. I knew women were more prone to them then men, and i knew they sometimes get them alot. I Was starting to feel like i was weird. I get one just about every week. I get sick of going to the doctors. They dont seem to be that interested. Was starting to think it wasnt a water infection. Sound like it is though. I drink plenty and still get them. Maybe i should drink more. Some days its ok and i can deal with it others its really bad. I find it worst in the morning, dread going to the toilet to see if its going to be one of them days.
At 1st i thought it was maybe because i was having to much sex but i was still getting them when i stopped having sex. Then i thought maybe i had caught something from my boyfriend so and i went and got checked - all clear.
I am going to ask my doctor if i can see a specialist i cant go on like this. Especially now my job involves driving around alot. And theres not alot of places you can go when your half way up the motor way.
I would mind if it just hurt when i went but its the discomfort of it all.
Its also effecting my relationship. Scared to have sex in case it starts it off. Scared to sleep over because i am up and down all night.
Life as a lady, they dont know how lucky they are.
xx

i am very glad to read i am not the only one with this problem, this is my third water infection in a month i am going mad its sooo annoying i cant concentrate on anything!!! I recently got involed in a new relationship and after sleeping with my boyfriend a few times i began to get these water infections soo i thought maybe i had caught something off him but i got check and i hadnt, but they seem to come on after every time i sleep with him, i am now to scared to sleep with him and even to embarrassed to tell him why. ill try some of ur tips though,currently sat here with a HUGE glass of cranberry juice!!

i am 17 and for the past 2 years i have had quite alot of water infections. the doctors keep saying drink plenty of water and they keep giving me tablets to take. but within a week after wards it will come back again. it is driving me mental as i cant do anything or go nowhere. it makes me feel so ill & i have given up on going to the doctors but have a feeling i will have to if it doesnt go by itself by sunday. why do us women go through so much pain :-( does anyone have any advice on how to stop them for good?? thanks

i am so glad that i am not the only one with this problem. i am 17 and for the past year or so i have been getting them quite bad... if i go for short/long walks they appear that night. i feel as though i should just sleep on the toliet because that is where i spend it most keeping weeing all the time. i am so embarrassed to talk to anyone about it because i feel as it isnt normal. i hav tried drinking loads of water but i still get them. it is really annoying and frustrating because i cant go nowhere. :-( i think i am going to have to go to the supermarket and get some cranberry tablets, because i cant drink cranberry juice. does anyone know how to prevent them for GOOD??!!