Hello! My daughter suffers from recurrent respiratory infections. She usually has problems with running nose and sore throat. Her doctor recommended tonsillectomy due to often respiratory infections. I thought tonsillectomy was usually done when tonsils were enlarged and redder then normal tonsils. As I could see her tonsils were not so enlarged and I am not sure if this surgery should be done at all.

Hello! I think you should not be afraid to ask you doctor to discuss all risks and potential complications again. As I know the frequency of sore throat episodes and upper respiratory infections reduces with time. It has nothing to do with tonsillectomy. Moreover, it appears that, for example, streptococcal infection is less readily recognized in tonsillectomized patients and because of that the possibility to escape treatment is increased. Try to talk to your doctor or ask for another doctor's opinion.