Hi, folks. My friend is thrilled with holistic acupuncture and she is talking me into going to it myself. She says that she doesn't have any more headaches and back pain that she had before the treatment. However, I am afraid that this procedure might hurt. I would like to know whether I am right. Thanks.

Hello. You don't need to worry too much. Holistic acupuncture is not a painful process. If the practitioner is good, there is no reason for fear. Acupuncture needles are thin. They must be well directed and put in the exact acupoint. These needles stimulates specific neuro-pathways to release specific hormones. As a result, there is less pain in one's back or head, for instance. You can consult with an expert as well. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

I just had my first acupuncture session today. It hurts like HELL. I will never do it again. I couldn't go to work after, had to go home and get in the bed. I'm in worse shape now than I was before my appointment (trying to heal a sore back). Will stick to massage next time. RUN!!!!!