Hi! I have mononeurophaty caused by trauma. Doctor told me that it isn’t huge problem and that will repair itself. I still have pain. Does nerve damage repair itself? Please answer me.

Hi! I had similar problem as you. I had no treatment is required and recovery was spontaneous. I used pain relievers for some time and now everything is ok. Maybe you need to have psychical exercise. You should talk with your doctor how to reduce pain. But, I think that your nerve damage will repair itself. Good lack!

How long to heal ? Please give a time frame ................

My doctors told me 6 to 12 months for repair of nerve though could take up to 18 months. I had a heart bypass machine stiched to my thigh for 9 hours accessing my Femural Artery causing damage to the femural nerve in my leg. Gabepentin (Nuerotin) treated the excrutiating pain. I still have some numbness and minor pain if I miss a dose of Gabepentin. It's been 11 months now but most all healing took place within first 9 months.