i m 51. i had osteoarthritis on my right hip. I had total hip replacement 3 months ago and ended w footdrop n numbness from the knee down. The needles n pins n electric feelings coupled w heaviness feeling in the entire right foot is unbearable. The doctor said the nerve has been affected because prior to surgery, i already had L5/S1 spondylolysis. I want to know if this is the true reason for the berve damage or stretched and does anyone ever recover from footdrop?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER THE SAME SURGURY. DOES DROP FOOT EVER GET BETTER? ANYTHING OUT THERE TO REPAIR THE NERVE DAMAGE.

I am 50 years old and had double hip surgery in July. My problem was lower back pain all of my life. PCC sent me to hip doctor and he took xray and said both were bone rubbing bone due to arthrithis. I have since surgery had numbness in my left leg from my knee down and a heaviness feeling in my knee. My foot is not bothered as bad but it is somewhat numb. I was told by my surgeon that it would go away with time. My lower back pain has returned, my leg is getting worse by the day. It looks like I'm loosing muscle around the knee area, it's actually seeking in. The pain is there along with the numbness which sounds weird but that's the way it is and my doctors seem to think I'm crazy. I'm not sure what to do but I wish I had never had the surgery. Good luck to you.

My 18 year old daughter had the same thing happen and her Dr. blamed family nerve problems. She never had any problems before hand. She is now going to see a neuroligist.