I had a total right hip replacement on May 12, 2009. I had a lot of the same symptoms as posted. I have been on line constantly and I find that there are a lot more people having nerve damage than I ever would have imagined. I have learned a lot in the past 6-8 weeks. I am going to a PT and my hip is doing really well and I have recovered my strength in the leg and now can walk up and down the stairs with both feet and can walk fairly good but I have a slight foot drop which in the past two weeks has gotten better according to the PT. She recommended that I get an EMG test to see where the nerve damage impairment is located. My family doctor is making an appointment for me in the next few days and then I will hopefully know where the nerve entrapment or damage is. My surgeon told me at my 6 week visit that my foot would come back and that he was positive. Because of the time frame on nerve damage one can not sit idly by as the weeks tick off and my nerve damage becomes permanent. I will report back when I have the results. I already went through the excruciating pain and now part of the foot is numb. I can move my toes, heel back and forth and some forward movement Because it is my right foot I would not be able to drive ever again and I am not willing to give up on that privilege. I hope this post helps someone else and I will come back and post any improvements as I get them. rosyb

rosyb thank sso much for posting this! I think I have told people on the forums before about having something like that problem after surgery and I think that a lot of people don't even consider that it's a problem. I am glad that you're reporting on this and I'd like to hear how it goes for you so keep us posted, okay? Thanks for letting us know about this!

I to have also have suffered nerve damage from a total right hip replacement.in 2009 I have learned to drive with my left foot. I was told that if the nerve did not come back within the 1st year it will never come back..