Hi, I have tingling and burning sensation in my hands for a few weeks. A doctor sent me to electromyography (EMG) and diagnosed me with neuropathy in hands. Does anyone else have the same disease?

Hi, I am 65 years old, and I was diagnosed with neuropathy in hands long ago. Before that, I heard only about cases of feet neuropathy, never about hands affected. I made a huge mistake because I waited for a long time before I went to a doctor. I had tingling and numbness in hands for few months, and I thought it was nothing. But then a pain started affecting my hands, and made me go to a doctor. He diagnosed me with neuropathy in hands, and said that it is caused by diabetes. He told me that I must treat diabetes, because it is an underlying cause of neuropathy. I decided to take some painkillers anyway, because the pain was really strong.