One day I was searching for something in the room of my sister and there I saw Efedra. It was hidden, and she never told us she using some medicine. That makes me so worry. Should I ask her about problems or told parents? What kind of medicine Efedra is and for what is used?

Efedra is the Chinese botanic, also called a ma-huang. It is sold as a dietary supplement, and it is a natural source of the alkaloids ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. Some of dietary supplements products are used as I said for weight loss and to enhance athletic performance too. Also Efedra is used in cold medicine to treat asthma. The use of Ephedrine and botanicals with caffeine is associated with a modest but statistically significant increase in weight loss over relatively short time. It takes usually less than or equal to six months. There were no studies that assessed their long term effects, which means more then six months. According to some reports, the number of deaths, myocardial infarctions, cerebrovascular accidents, and serious psychiatric illness in young adults is sufficient to warrant further evaluation of the safety of those products in a controlled manner. This is for testing possibility that consumption of Efedra or Ephedrine causes these serious adverse events. You should talk to parents and especially with your sister about this.

I am not sure about how Efedra AKA "Ephedra" does effect on your health however, I know the safe weight loss products that I have taken for many years. I assumed that your sister was trying to loose weight? The products are 100 Efedra Free.

Hope everything goes well with your sister.

LeoJuneau