Hello everybody,

I’ve just started using Herbalife and so far things are going OK. I actually find it easier to drink the shake in the morning and at work than to waste time on preparing (most likely) unhealthy meal. In the first three weeks I’ve lost 3 kilos and I feel that’s a real progress compared to other fad diets I tried.

But, I assume that just like everybody else I won’t be able to use Herbalife products for the rest of my life, so the problem that might come up is - will the weight come back on as soon as i get back to regular meals. I’d love to hear experiences from people who used Herbalife,

Thanks,

July

Hello July,

you should look at Herbalife just as a one tool that will help you kickstart your weight loss. But in order to maintain it, you'll have to make some lifestyle changes as well. Of course the weight will come back if you continue eating junk food and don't start including physical activity in your daily routine.

As far as easiness of just drinking a shake for breakfast is concerned, you can do the same thing by using protein shake. And one extra tip that Herbalife program doesn't take into account is that most experts recommend you eat around 6 smaller meals during the day, instead of the three big ones. And if you make sure you choose lean proteins, fresh fruit and veggies, together with some physical activity - you'll manage to prevent further weight gain.

Hi July, you should look into Colorado diet if your goals are healthier lifestyle and healthy weight loss. This diet doesn't restrict you too much when it comes to food, but in it's second phase it requires you to become physically active. The goal of this diet is to 're-wire' your metabolism, so that it starts converting food you eat into muscles rather than store fat. You can read more about Colorado diet here: https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/the-colorado-diet-a-hype-or-reality-a3353.html

thanks for your replies and thanks for the link to the article! Colorado diet definitely makes a lot of sense and it seems to teach you a lot of good habits, but I don't know how it would work for people like me - I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and work from home, so meeting the goals in the second phase when I'd have to be exercising 70 minutes daily is near impossible.

That's why Herbalife comes in so handy, I'm still losing weight and I'm not overeating, so maybe in the long run all I'd have to do is switch few of my meals for a shake. Any more experiences with Herbalife?

Hello, I have never used herbal life but I have used this other companies products which have helped me a lot and they are healthier and easier to use in my opinion. I think they would work well for you. they help change your diet so when you stop you have developed habits to help keep you at a healthy weight. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have been using Herbalife for 2 1/2 months and have lost 26 lbs so far. They teach you about nutrition and how it's important to choose a healthier way of eat and how to incorporate fitness in your life. Any diet can work, but if the person does not change their bad habits, you will gain the weight back (NO MATTER WHAT DIET PLAN YOU USE)! Make sure you drink at least your 6-8 glasses of water. Replace two meals with a shake, tea and Aloe (plus your vitamin and activator). For your meal, eat a colorful meal. 1/3 of your plate lean protein (chicken, turkey, fish, tofu) and 2/3 complex carbs (veggies, fruits, whole grains). A good rule of thumb is NO WHITE & NO FRIED!