Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
Trimbia is a fake, Xenical doesn't work, none of the famous diets like Atkins or the Zone work, Reductil ceases to work after 6 months ... the only thing I have found that DOES work is Duromine - it's an upper that has the cool bonus of suppressing your appetite (you have to remember to eat & make a conscious decision to do so). There are no cravings or hunger pains. If it's available where you are I highly recommend it. The only side effects I had were mild headaches for the first few days .

Community Administrator
Duromine needs to be prescribed by a doc right? And it is used for obesity only, or am I wrong? I would appreciate any additional info you have! Thanx

Hey, I am interested in getting a prescription for Duromine.
I have heard that you can't sleep properly when taking it? Is this true?
Do you get hyperactive on the drug?
How much weight have you lost now?
Will you gain all your weight again once you stop taking Duromine?
Thank you for all your help and additional advice would be greatly appreciated if you have it, thanks, bye!!!

What they don't tell you is that Duromine is not good foor you. Yes it is like speed from my experience it makes me feel completely scattered, not at first but give it about 4 hours and it goes down hill fast. You become agitated, sick in your stomach and don't even get me started on the mind Any how just think twice about it, the side effects don't necessarily go away.[/img]

I took Duromine back in the 70's, prescribed by my GP.
I was told it was safe?!
Now years later, in 2004, I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension. I was told by the Consultant that it was caused through taking Duromine.
Pulmonary Hypertension is high blood pressure in the lungs and there is NO CURE, IN FACT IT IS A TERMINAL ILLNESS. WITH NO CURE.
Also since then I have developed high blood pressure, diabetes, diverticulitis, asthma and COPD. All these are believed to have been caused by Duromine.
They do act like the 'speed' which is a controlled drug. I haven't taken 'speed' but have been told the affects are similar.

Therefore I advise that no one takes this medication.
Lu Lu

duromine long term is very dangerous, i was on and off it for 1 1/2 yrs my side effects were chest pains, suicidal thoughts, rage anxiety and much more, sure i lost weight i got from a size 14 to a 8 in 5months but its not worth it.

I used Duromine for two days after getting very ill :$ , my head was sore, I was disorientated, could not sleep, crying the entire time, felt agitated.

…Going back to the doctor who prescribed the Duromine, he advised me to stop it immediately as my blood pressure was a bit high (I am only 25) never had blood pressure problems before

So no I would not recommend it……but I lost 2kg in 2 days. That was cool %-) but not for all the suffering and pain

Hi everyone, just thought i would put my 2c in as i am in my 2nd month of taking duromine. The first month i was on 15mg ( that was fine, i found it a bit hard to sleep if i take it around 12ish sometimes when i just woke up .) but otherwise ok, suppressed appetite a bit, i lost a few kgs. The 2nd month ( at the moment ) i am on the 30mg, and im finding it very different.. Side effects wise, sleeping patterns is a bit different , nothing uncopeable , but the moods are BAD, i find im now very impatient, anger comes with the slightest thing, i am more alert with things, and tend to get a bit nervous for some reason, where my palms are abit sweaty, and feel im being looked at for no reason .. and my skin has gone a bit crazy , spots wise.. I would definitely recomend start off with the 15mg first. thanks all :-)

hey ho, just thought i'd get in on this conversation..
I too have used Duromine in the past and had great results.
I had side effects for the first 4 days whuch included breathlessness, anxiety, dry mouth and sleeplessness.I found tho' If I took one really early in the morning ,after eating a light breakfast (and you do need to force yourself to eat) o.O
I've just got another presciption to get that 10kg off I put on last year...
The person that gave the warning earlier about the conditions she has developed has a valid point.We don't know what long-term sides could be and so, having an over all health check, bloodwork etc, is a sensible precaution.I know a lot of women use the drug after pregancy weight has stubbonly stuck.
good luck,
ding

I took Duromine for about 7 days and lost 8 kgs. The up side was the weight loss, loads of energy , alertness and general sense of euphoria and confidence. The downside was chronic constipation and not being able to sleep if I didn't take it extremely early in the morning.
I became very ill after the 7 days which was due to the constipation - but I would put this down to simply not being able to eat. I had no desire or craving for any food whatsoever. I had to remind myself to eat and even then could barely get down a single carrot.
My brother also took it for 2 weeks and lost a similar amount of weight with no side effects whatsoever.
A friend that recommended the Duromine to us lost over 20kgs in the space of 2 months. Her doctor prescribed it to her but warned her that long term use of it would result in heart and blood pressure issues.
It is a good short term solution to shift stubborn weight - but maintenance is important via healthy eating and excercising.

I just got Duromine from my doctor.
I read up on the drug and realised many said it is actually SPEED.

I do encounted some side effect. I cant sleep. It was really bad for the 1st 5 days. However, it went off and on the 6th day, i started to feel sleepy. I am so glad I feel like sleeping.

However, i still continue to eat but more selective on my intake.

I took alot of veg so i wun have constipation and it helps. Among these day, I poo 3x.

Duromine comes in different strengths, 40mg, 30mg and 15mg. If side effects are a problem try the 15mg, weight loss is not quite as fast, but side effects are barely noticed and sleeping is no problem.

I am about to take duromine, but worried when someone said the bad side effects "don't necessarily go away". How long might they hang around for?

Hi, I have read so much up on Duromine and have also asked people who have been on it and to be honest it is soooo different with everyone. I think that if you actually have had to courage to go to the doctor and get the stuff that you should at least give it a go. I know I am. I am starting it tomorrow and if I have any severe problems I will go off it immediately. Just use common sense and don't wait too long if you have a bad reaction. Some people have told me that they have never got over the side effects eg. sleeplessness, even after being off the drug for years. Some have said that they didn't notice much difference at all. I think that if you actually have a problem as irregular heart beat, blood pressure and insomnia that you are not aware of yet that this drug will unmask it. So I suppose it's a risk that you have do decide whether you are willing to take.

I need to lose 10kgs in 4weeks. Will keep you posted! :-D

I've just started on xenical abt 2 weeks now and only lost4 pounds. I would like to lose abt another 10 to 15 kgs by july. I m just wondering should i ask my doctor to precribe me? Also i would also like to know if i plan to get pregnant down the road, how long should i stop taking duromine to make sure it is out of my system totally and will not harm my unborn.... :-(