Hello, guys. My mother has been recently diagnosed eczema. As far as I know, this cannot be cured. Eczema outbreaks can be only prevented. I wonder whether stress can have an impact on eczema. My mother is under a lot of stress lately and I wonder whether this can be a possible cause. What do you think? Thanks.

Hi, there. I think the exact cause of eczema is unknown. However, stress can have an impact. This is still under investigation. The exact link is unknown. What kind of stress your mother is revealed at? You should’ve mentioned that. I don’t know many details, so perhaps someone else will know more. I hope she will feel better. Good luck!

Hi. I have eczema and ive been to many doctors and the one thing they had in common with their description of eczema was that stress was the main cause in many cases however diet, chemicals eg make-up etc, allergic reactions can bring it on too. Eczema cant be 'cured' but it can go away or be controlled with steroid creams or other things you can get from the doctor. in teenagers or children ezcema is common but it usually disappears before they reach adults. HOPE THIS HELPS!! If she is under alot of stress it is most likely a big factor but there is nothing you can do about it apart from encouraging her to go to a doctor and get creams prescribed. p.s. if it gets bad, vaseline (petroleum jelly) moisturizes it and helps it alot.

Celebrity
Yes it plays a big roll in stress. There is other causes too. But stress def makes it worse.
I work in a school, we have a child who is really bad with eczema. She is a little worrier an in schools it got so bad that she has a have a one to one support teacher with her all day to help her an ease the stress an worry of not being able to do her work.

My 2.5 year old son suffered from eczema since he was 5 mos. old. It was to the point that it spread to his back, stomach, arms, legs, scalp, etc. We tried everything (cortisone, changing detergents, foods, etc) and nothing made a difference and it continued to get worse over time. We (and the Dr.'s) couldn't figure it out. We discovered that our children's nanny who had been in our employ since they were born had been abusing the children. We terminated her employment, and shortly thereafter -his eczema completely disappeared.

I also suffer from eczema - but only during stress moments in my life (exams, moving, workload, finances, etc).

Hope that helps. It could be a heavy workload, finances, etc that could be triggering your mother's eczema.