I would appreciate if someone could give me information about eczema. My little sister has problems with it and I would like to know more about it. How can I help her? Is there a cure for eczema?

Eczema is a general term for various inflamed skin conditions. One of the most common forms of eczema is atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema. In people with eczema, the inflammatory response to irritating substances overacts which causes itching and scratching. Eczema is not contagious and currently cannot be cured. However, the condition can be managed well with treatment and avoidance of triggers in many patients. Eczema it is most often characterized by dry, red, extremely itchy patches on the skin even though it looks different from person to person. Eczema can occur on just about any part of the body. However, in infants, eczema typically occurs on the forehead, cheeks, forearms, legs, scalp, and neck. One of the most important components of an eczema treatment is to prevent scratching, so in order to help you sister, you need to stop her when she wants to scratch. The most common treatment is the application of lotions or creams to keep the skin as moist as possible, due to a fact that eczema is usually dry and itchy.