Hello. I'm 28 year old young mother and I'm a bit worried about my little daughter’s skin health.
She is only six years old and just recently she has developed some skin problem on her fingers.
I have noticed that she’s scratching her fingers all the time because she suffers from irritating rash around her fingers.
These tiny little bumps are so itchy for her that it is hard for her not to scratch them. Please tell me what this could be.
Could it be something serious and will she need some professional help! I have read somewhere that this could be related to some autoimmune diseases!?

Well, I wouldn’t go so far and think on some autoimmune disease because it is usually not related to autoimmune or systemic disease.
I believe we are talking here about a case of fingers Eczema. I don’t know a lot about this condition but it seams that no one knows. The condition usually comes and goes for no specific reason. It could be also some fungal infection.
It could be easily treated with some topical antibiotics of even some corticosteroid cream. What ever is the cause I suggest you to take her to some dermatologist for further evaluation. He will probably took some skin biopsy, determine the right cause of rash and prescribe her appropriate medications.

I have that problem!

Hi Joycelin,

Try going to this forum "tiny fingers blister-like". Sounds exactly like what you are describing. We're all at a loss and the docs don't really care enough to really figure out what it is. We're all trying to figure it out together. Some people have a good idea and it may be ezcema, but the question is what's causing it. Right now we're comparing diets, activity levels, stress levels, antibacterial hand gel use, etc. Hope this helps.

cricketjdw

Look up eczema of the hands online. You daughter does have a form of eczema, it has a fancy name. I have it to, but not on my fingers, but on the palms of my hands..
It just popped up one day, My palm started itching terribley, I scratched and scratched, I used a magnifying glass to look at the bumps. THey were like teeny hard blisters, then in a few days, they would peel. Ive had it for two years, went to doc, he verified thats what it is, told me to use over the counter cortizone cream, which I do,
He said, it usually goes away by itself, but mine hasnt. Im terrible about picking at it, when it itches....
You can get a stronger cortizone cream through a dermatologist.

I also suffered from tiny blisters on my fingers for years. I found the cause to be a sensitivity to chocolate. I gave up chocolate altogether and my hands healed completely after a couple of weeks. Now I can have chocolate on occasion with no reaction but if I have it several days in a row then the blisters return.

I have been getting these bumps for about 8 years now, and could not link them to anything until about a week ago. I seem to have narrowed mine down to a allergic reaction. I kept getting these bumps about twice a year usually in spring and fall or around that time, so i figured it was do to some sort of allergic reaction in the air. Turns out i believe it is from cooking with bay leaves. This year i have gotten it once a month for 4 months in a row, i have linked it down to my homemade chicken noodle soup which i cook with lots of bay leaves. I had just gotten over these bumps and my hands were still healing from the last outbreak. Well last night i made a big pot of soup and within 5 hrs my palms started to itch and here comes the little bumps again. My best guess is that the oils from the bay leaves must react with my skin. I am going to wait till this outbreak heals and will try and repeat the same results to see if what i belie is actually true