Hello, my friends. I was diagnosed eczema last year. I must admit that I tried almost everything doctor suggested me. It didn’t get better. My eczema only got more severe. Now I am in big trouble and I don’t know what to do. Did anyone have similar situation? I would like to hear what you did.

Hi. You should’ve mentioned what you used previously. If eczema is more serious, I am afraid that topical treatment only won’t be enough. You should try to learn which factors are responsible for your eczema outbreaks. Try to avoid them. You should also try with phototherapy. You can try with medications as well. Eczema is stubborn and you must be patient. Talk to your dermatologist about other types of treatment since the current ones do not help. I hope you will find something. Bye!

Hello there,
I started getting eczema for the first time late in life (48 years old) all over my hands with blistering that was so bad it would wake me out of my sleep. Once it drove me so crazy I grabbed a scouring pad and scraped all the little bubbles off to get relief.
Was prescribed topical corticosteroid cream which would resolve it, but then would flare up within a week each time I stopped using the cream(talked to several pharmacists and my doctor to make sure I was applying properly). I was also using a special base cream that I would apply every day, at least 3 times a day and no relief.
Then one day I went back to my doctor and he suggested I use an over the counter topical cream called Impruv made by a company called Stiefel.
It was like night and day. Within 2 days the skin cleared up and I have not had to use the steroid cream more then twice in a year and then only for one day.
I could not believe how well it worked.
Please pass this information around, the cream is expensive, one small squeeze tube is 18.00 CAD when you compare to regular skin cream its like if a 900ml skin cream is 7 dollars, Impruv works out to 135 dollars for 900ml.
Fortunately you only need a very small amount.
Good luck all and pass this around.

Do you take baths with really hot water? I know when I do that, I have dry flaky skin making it prone to irritation. I was born with eczema, stay away from "local market cures" like VASELINE or HAND LOTIONS as they generally irritate your skin even more than it soothens.

The best thing you can do is really not wash your hands as much, and wash your hair in the sink instead of having a shower or a bath for a good while. I had very bad eczema all last year, it was itchy,red,bleeding,flakey, and it also formed blisters most of the time, and the doctor gave me cream meds etc. I ended up making it calm down lately(since xmas) and its all good now, due to drinking the water and not washing as much, it really helps even though it's unhygenic. use as much steriod cream as you can(only when you feel your hands are dried out or itchy) and you will see a difference. If you've been having a routine, stop the routine every once in awhile then jump back on it. (this has all helped me but i'm not guarunteeing it will work for u)

Hey there I noticed this post is a little over a year old, but just wanted to share with you a product made by Rodan and Fields. I am a consultant and people who order this swear by it. It's called Soothe. It is for any type of sensitive skin issues including eczema. It comes in a 60 day supply and they also offer a 60 day empty bottle money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your results send the empty bottle back and they will refund your money no questions asked!!! That is how confident they are in their products. 
Hope you are better:)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use