I am having to drug test for the court system and have a prescription for oxycodone but I took a methadone 10 mg will it just show up as an opiate or specific for methadone which I dont have a script for and will fail. And does anyone know how long it stays in system?

I do not know how long it stays in ur system but I do know that they can test for it but i don't think they normally do. It does not come back as an opiate. there is a test specific to it.

true. it is a seperate test and comes up seperately. Usually 3-5 days in the system if you just took it the one time. It stores up in the system the more you take it... So, depending on your body weight and metabolic rate, if you take it regularly it can show up 10 days later and even in some cases with HEAVY users who are also overweight 30 days. Seeing that you just took the one dose one time, you should be fine after the 3-5 day window. It will NOT just show up as your opiate though. Be clear on that.

If you are facing a 10 panel drug screen they are testing you for methadone. it can stay in your system for 3 weeks, I believe.