How much methadone does one have to take before it shows up in a hair drug test? Is there anything that you can use to get it out of your hair? It has been over six months since the methdaone was used and it was maybe 10 times at a low dose. Please help!!

im wondering the same thing. also, if you took 1 mg of methadone before a ua test and drank some Vale clean urine do you think it would work?

Any amount of Methadone can be found in your hair. And the longer your hair, the further back the record of your use goes. Don't think you can shave your head and get away with it, because they can take hair from another part of your body. Also, bleaching your hair won't work either.

it does take a certain amount to actually be detectable, i am just not sure what the amount is, u can call a lab and ask

I recently took a 10 panel hair drug test.(Psychmedics,spelling?) I use methadone daily,(100mg) smoke weed(sticky stuff) only once a month, and use Vicodin(5 to 10 Norco's a month) I was so nervous because I desperately needed this job to support my wife and two kids.... I started looking on line for some type of shampoo and after seeing all these adds stating "their" shampoo was guaranteed, I was none the wiser - and picked one only because they stated that they were "grad" students that performed all these tests on subjects and said: "Toxin Wash" was the only guaranteed result. So I bought it and crossed my fingers! After purchasing it online, I started seeing all of these testimonials; some saying Toxin Wash worked and others cursing it to no end because it failed them. Now I'm really freaked out thinking I bought the wrong one. Anyway, three days before my test I started washing my hair with dawn dish washing soap(not soap that goes in your dishwasher) and also washing it with distilled white vinegar. Night before test I washed in this order; dish washing soap, rinse, household ammonia(dilluted with water), rinse, vinegar, rinse, T-gel coal/tar shampoo(used this shampoo 5 times) rinse, then washed twice with Toxin wash shampoo, then rinsed this with distilled water! Then blow dried hair. Changed pillow case so I didn't recontaminate my hair. Next morning I used the toxin wash shampoo once and rinsed with dist. water. My appointment was at 10am , they took hair from top-back of my head. My hair is about 1-1/2" long very dark/black(I am white by the way) I got my results back three days later saying I passed. NOW, if i had to do it again(and for those who are heavier users) I should have done the baking soda/water paste treatment the night before too, and probably the acne clear and cleanse/water paste treatment as well. But thankfully I passed with the above treatment. Also, I submitted a clean sample of urine, they said it wasn't a drug test so they didn't stand in bathroom with me, but just in case I used my sons clean pee(he's 3yrs old)If you are really worried(and have the time) you might want to buy the 7 day foot patch that helps you detox your system as well. Good luck! P.S. I think you might be able to substitute the Toxin wash with another shampoo like Ultra clear or STAT. I think the pre-treatment is key. ie: T-gel tar shampoo, baking soda, acne medicne, dis. water, etc.

I'm really confused and this will be my first drug test taken. My understanding when i first started reading about the hair drug test was that it didn't really test for prescription type drugs just pot cocaine and stuff like that but after reading 800 different sides to different stories i am lost for words b/c i have NO CLUE what to think! Can anyone tell me what they know please and thank you! And panels where and how can i find out about that?

they have to TEST FOR METHADONE

So you are telling the person above that they have to test exactly for methadone in order to detect it? It doesn't just show up as other drugs would?