I was just put on probation for possession of marijuana. I am getting drug tested in 6 days and would like to know how long methadone usually stays in your system. I know there are multiple factors that apply. I am 130lbs and 5'7". I am skinny and exercise a few times a week. I am not a regular taker but habe taken it many times before. They are 10mgs and i am thinking of taking 25-30mgs I live in New York and would like to know if probation tests for methadone because i understand it doesnt show up on some tests. Also if there are anyways i could cover it or get it out of my system faster

Hello...you asked how long methadone stays in your system and you were correct on the fact that there are various factors but the main thing is that it has a half-life of 24-36 hours! As for whether it will show up or not on a drug screen..the drug screen that is given must be specifically looking for methadone..it will not show up as an opiate, just as methadone. I have never had to pee for parole or probation so I am not sure which panel drug screen they use. I would think that 5-7 days if your not a daily user, but then again I can't say 100% for sure. Good Luck!