What are the rules or laws of drug testing newborn's in the state of michigan. Do they always drug test each person?

I think every hospital in every state routinely does a blood test on babies to check for abnormalities, if they have alcohol or drugs in their system etc and I think that Michigan is no exception.

Are you pregnant? And did you do drugs during your pregnancy? If you did it would be wise to stop because I think that they can take you away baby if they find drugs in the system and not to mention some serious consequences that drugs can leave on yours and your baby’s health.

As far as I have heard they routinely check babies before they release them into the parents care because there so many young people who are using all types of drugs and becoming parents.

My friend was checked but only because she was very young when she has stayed pregnant so maybe this is done randomly.