If I had dss for my first child for smoking pot...can they take my babies from me for testing positive again thus pregnancy

What do you mean take your babies? Like an abortion? 

If you test positive for pot while in your pregnancy well your baby has a high chance of having a defect.......But until your baby is born they( the doctors I am assuming) WILL NOT take your babies! Maybe child protective services might check your house! To see if you can take care of your baby correctly! 

GOOD LUCK

It depends on the state you live in and what cps wants to do but they will almost definitely test the baby's meconium sorry if that's not spelled right but in other words the baby's first stool I was told by a nurse that it takes months to come out of their system and a positive result will definately mean a call to cps. I don't know how far along you are but do yourself and your baby a favor and stop all drug use immediately.