Our little son is only 4 weeks old. He is healthy and without any visible conditions. Still, my husband and I are concerned. We would like to know about dilation of pupils in toddler. He is supposed to be examined with this procedure in two days. Is this really necessary? What is this procedure actually for?

Dilation of pupils in young children is a procedure performed to examine the child's eye's red reflex. This is done to determine whether there are certain vision or even life threatening conditions. Of course, newborns have very small pupils which need to be dilatated in order for this procedure to have effect. Retinoblastoma could be found in this way, especially if it is done in the first 6 months.

Hallo,
Are your baby’s pupils dilated evenly or one eye has bigger dilatation? Baby’s eyes in that age are still adjusting and babies can’t see really far at the time. The good thing is that you are going to get this checked out, however I think that this is nothing serious and that this condition will pass in no time.
Did your baby have any vaccination yet? Sometimes this can be a side effect from vaccination. I know some vaccinations are given in first two months. Have you considered this to be a cause? You may suggest this to your doctor just o see his opinion. Dilatation is not normal in any way so it is better to check this as soon as possible.

My grandson is 3yrs.old we just noticed the last two nights his eyes were dilated,but after awhile they go back to normal,does anyone know what could cause this this ?

Dilation of eyes is not normal and because your son is so young they probably just want to check him out . better safe than sorry.