Non-dude version:
I went grocery shopping with the wife the other day and let a little stinker slip in the hair care aisle and boy was she angry.

Dude version:
Went to the store with the wife the other day because I needed beer and man I ripped one that cleared the aisle and she was pissed!

Real dude version:
Flipped the ol' lady a $20 the other day so she could pick me up a case while she was buying groceries and told her to keep the change.

non dude-went to the store and I picked up some femine products for the wife, they were on sale and I thought she needed them.

dude-Honey there is a sale on tampons at the store, if you need them

Real life: Honey, on the way home will you stop buy the store and pick up....

let's not mistaken Neanderthal man with a dude - the line is getting blurry here.
I am confident enough in my 'dudism' that i've not only shopped for the lovely and talented mrs prohemp but went as far as to ask for assistance in selecting the appropriate feminine hygiene product.

Man or woman?

Man or woman?
it was a young girl 8)

it was a young girl 8)
8O

Since Genie is convinced that I really meant a French blue maid's outfit as appropriate wear the days of worrying about my "dudism" are clearly over.

8O
would you rather waste time wondering aimlessly around the store and then come home with the wrong product??? (young baby + young mommy + I can't breastfeed = i'm doing most of the shopping <food/non-food/health/beauty, etc>)

you're a dude in my book Alan - regardless of your freudian slips

Said on a cell phone call home, loud enough for everyone in store aisle to hear you.

you're a dude in my book Alan - regardless of your frilly slips
nice :|

Is this where I start singing the "Lumber Jack" song from Monty Python?

Alan I think if you check with some of the legislators there they may confirm that in order to live in Texas you must be a dude. Otherwise you will be booted out. So do not worry, your dude status is safe with me as long as I got the power to revoke it.