So, my wife wears a size 7.5 and has fairly flat feet. What sort of shoe advice would you give her? Any particular models come to mind?

Yes, we know about getting fitted from a specialty store.

Mizuno Legend. Love them! :thumbsup: Oh, they are for low to flat arches too.

DO IT!

DO IT!
The only hesitation right now is that we are not very likely to buy the shoes from the store after getting fitted and we're not sure if that'll work with the store. I need to get fitted, too, though.

I realize that the shoes are a little more expensive, but I'd do it at least once. Also they might have last years model on clearance.

i say the same exact thing to new skaters looking for .....well.....skates. aftert hat i'm certain that there is a comparison chart of the different manufactures and sizes. once you have a definative answer you'll always remember at least one model (the one your wearing) to compare to later on the chart.

Pug, I'm sure you will get no end of advise here on what type of shoes are suitable for Mrs. Pug, various types that and will help prop up her low arches.

Two questions:
Is Mrs. Pug having injury problems due to her low arches?
And more importantly, does she do any strengthening exercise to help with her condition?

1. I'll say no. She's been running for about a week now so it is hard to say. She has noticed that her feet are getting sore.
2. Pretty sure no.

Just as an update: We went to Marathon Sports last night and she was fitted (didn't have to run on the treadmill, though), and tried on something like six different pairs of shoes and she decided on the New Balance 856 as her new pair of running shoes. They were the most comfortable. Oddly enough, when I was doing some research online for her, this was the pair I thought might work the best (in particular because it is NB).

Yay!

And Yay for being a member of the Minnesota Distance Running Association as I receieved 20% of the shoes. $19 savings was huge!

Excellent Pug! :thumbsup: