What is your style?

Do you make a grocery list before going shopping? Do you stick by that list come rain or shine? Do you take a calculator with you? Coupons?

During your shopping have you been known to eat a bite of bulk food without buying it? Do you pop a grape or two? Do you open a box of food for your child? Do you go up and down every single isle? Do you check your eggs to make sure none are cracked? Do you look for bad strawberries in your box? One cart or two (this is for the commisary-shopping folks out there! ;) )

Afterwards, do you grab a bite to eat in the car for the trip home? When you get home do you try a little bit of everything because you just don't know what you want for dinner?

Obviously I have had a hard time today (she says as she sits and eats Tostitos with lime and a diet coke)!!! 8)

JUST QUOTE THE FOLLOWING TO FILL IN YOUR ANSWERS. What is your style? Do you make a grocery list before going shopping? Do you stick by that list come rain or shine? Do you take a calculator with you? Coupons? During your shopping have you been known to eat a bite of bulk food without buying it? Do you pop a grape or two? Do you open a box of food for your child? Do you go up and down every single isle? Do you check your eggs to make sure none are cracked? Do you look for bad strawberries in your box? One cart or two (this is for the commisary-shopping folks out there! ;) ) Afterwards, do you grab a bite to eat in the car for the trip home? When you get home do you try a little bit of everything because you just don't know what you want for dinner?

I only make a list if I NEED a lot of things. If I'm doing my usual shopping, I remember a few key items or just what I want to cook. Then I'll go through the required ingredients while I'm in the store.

Usually I go up and down every aisle, just looking for something that I could cook and sounds good. I check every egg. I never eat anything in bulk, or grapes... never open a coke or anything. If you can't wait til you get home, you probably should be doing something about that addiction. Not to mention I wouldn't want to eat grapes that Wal-mart shoppers have touched. I've seen these people, and I'm still afraid that stupid, ugly, and fat are contagious.

Odd that you post this now, I was just about to start a grocery store thread.

My wife, the cupon Nazi, makes a list throughout the week adding items as we go along "honey, we need..."

At the appropriate time she heads off to WalMart or the Commissary and does shopping for the next two weeks. On some trips she will shop for long term use items - like coffee, spices, mixes; on others it could be for everyday stuff. She also used cupons religiously. In fact, my wife has been known to grieve because she has no cupons for a particular item.

I'm the spoiler in all this since when I go shoppping with my wife we tend to get one or two small splurge items.

You are more than welcome to add your grocery store thread idea to this thread! :) BTW, does it mean I need to seek help if I'm grabbing a bite to eat for the trip home even if that means it is 2:30 p.m., I haven't had lunch yet and I have about a 40 minute trip home??? :D