story about their Christmas tree falling over? Ours fell over about 10 yrs ago when my wife was at work on 2nd shift and I was lying on the couch watching the tube. I nearly s**t my pants. I ran over and got my neighbor to help me pick it up as whole as possible and then I set about re-decorating it. To make a long story short, the first thing she said when she walked in the door was "what the hell happened to my tree!" and she proceeded to un-do all my half-assed decorating and re-do the entire tree.

And that's when you learned that men can never do anything right, so why bother? Hell, I can't even drive right. After 60 years with no accidents that were my fault I still do it all wrong.

when i was a lad, one year we had a tree that got so dried out we lost pretty near every needle by the time Christmas morning rolled around - when we put the tree out in the trash it looked so bad that our neighbors asked us if we had had a fire

A few years ago, I spent at least 2 hours trying to get the tree in the stand, decided that the stand was not the right type for this big tree so IO bought another one. Later on it seemed as if the lights were the only thing keeping the tree from falling over.

lyin' on the couch....thinkin' she'd never notice were ya???? " Nothing happened honey, really, why so pi$$ed????"
Hell hath no fury like a woman whose decorated tree has fallen and been redone in a half-assed manner by her sneaky husband.
are you still stickin' to your story???? :P
my neighbor's tree fell once. frantic call to my husband. their water had just been filled to the brim. it fell while we were chatting outside. it dumped it's water all over tons of beautifully wrapped (martha stewart )gifts. Everything was soaked through as we didn't discover it for an hour or so. the carpet was trashed. mrs. lady of the house was not happy.

My sister has knocked the tree over before while scoping out the gifts for her...
My best friends can almost annually knocks their tree (artificial) over, I think while fighting the ornaments. Its really funny and has almost become sort of a family tradition!

A woman I used to work with told me when she and her husband were just starting out, they didn't have very much money and decided to decorate their tree very simply, with just some Xmas-colored Hershey's kisses. How about if her husband ate all the kisses and then tried to make the colored foils look full? She wasn't pleased.