I'm 30 years old, and this has been going on since I was a young teen. On the right side of my penis shaft between my legs I can feel a soft mass about an inch and a half long, it starts right where my scrotum and leg meet (where it feels harder) and extends into my groin area (where it feels softer). There is nothing like this on the left side. It doesn't hurt unless by accident I am too rough when showering or during intercourse. I asked my doctor about it and he dismissed it, but it still worries me. At first I thought maybe it was a blocked vas deferens, but it is in the wrong place. Prostate gland seems a possibility but I think that's much further back isn't it? If anyone has any advice please share, it will help me when I go back and insist my doctor look again.

I've had the same problem for 10 years. Freaked me out when it first appeared.

My doctor says it is a hernia. Every man has a weakness in the abdominal wall there were our testes and penis came through.

It is not dangerous unless it becomes strangulated, in which case it needs an operation.

I had something that sounds very similar to this. It was a varicocele. There's loads about it on the web. Mine was operated on and I've not had much a problem since.