I have a numb ache on the right hand side in the middle of my back. I have had it for quite some time. It does not seem to be a muscle ache. I was thinking if it could be one of my idneys but not sure. It is about a hand down from my shoulder blades in towards my spine almost in the middle but on my right. Can your organs ache?

How painful is it?  Do you have any other features like fever?  How old are you?  How well localised is it?  Does anything make it better/worse?  Do you think something happened to start it?  Has it happened before?

No other problems that I am aware of. I am 40 femail. Can't think of any perticular reason why it would have started. Very localised. Always the same spot. Not very painfull just an awareness that it aches. Not all the time but aware that it is there in certain positions. A bit strange, but I am guessing there must be a reason. No fever, no other symptoms.