okay, so I didn't wake up with my pillow missing :P but I must have grit my teeth all night last night because my jaw is tired and hurts. Any other sleep chompers out there and how do you prevent it?

:wavey:
You might need a night guard.
I need two crowns from where I have ground down my back teeth.

I was hoping for a highly innuendo'd thread about the Sta-Puff Marshmellow Man. :?

I grind my teeth on rare occasions, usually only when i'm extremely stressed or exhausted.

i never realized that i grind my teeth at night untill i got this funky retainer thing that kept me from biting down all the way. there were some serious grind marks after the first night. :umno:

It sounds like a simple wish-fulfillment dream to satisfy your cravings for sweets. Are you eating a balanced diet during the day? Or maybe you just love marshmallows.

If you clench your jaw a lot during sleep (this is known as bruxism), I suggest you review your diet for sources of magnesium and potassium; if you realize that you are not getting enough of either, try to eat more foods rich in those minerals, and that may help reduce the severity. There are many reasons why bruxism can occur (including dreaming, stress, side effects of medications [e.g. amphetamines], mineral deficiencies, etc.), but this comes to mind first because your dream involved food.

If you notice that it hasn't stopped after a while, it's a good idea to see a doctor, because there are simple solutions and teeth grinding can wear away your teeth.