My doctor told me that I had a form of herpes because she seen a small white bump that looked like a blister on my opeing of my vagina. I was very shocked and confused because I had only been with one guy in 2.5 years, and he doesn't have herpes. She took a blood test and swabs. Before my results came in I went to a specialist, and she told me that it was not a STD, but that it looked more like a cyst. I went back for my results from my doctor and both the blood test and the swabs came back NEGATIVE for the herpes virus. However, my doctor told me that I have it, and I need to take medication for it. How is this possible? How do I have the virus but my test results came back negative for the herpes virus? %-)

I think my doctor is lieing to me because when she first told me I had herpes I started to cry, and now she doesn't want to admit that she was wrong.

I'm suprised the doctor said you have herpes if the tests came back negative. She should at least repeat the test after a couple of months to confirm.

This isn't even the first time she's done this to me. Around a year ago she said there was a bump inside me, and that it was herpes. I got tested, swabs and a blood test, both came back negative. I'm pretty sure she's only sticking to it because this is the second time she's been wrong about it.

If you lack confidence in your doctor, find another.