I have a question about using products with effedrine for losing weight. I have serious problems with obesity, ever since I know I have been overweight, I have tried many diets to cope with the problem but they were all unsuccessful. I heard that effedrine can help with the weight loss. Are there any dangers for using this drug, any side effects?

Effedrine can be used for reducing weight, there are many products with extracts of a Chinese plant ephedra that are on the market and are intended for that purpose. I myself had problems with weight in the past and in one of my attempts I have used ephedra herbal tea to reduce weight at all costs. As a result of effedrine misuse I had heart problems and then decided to stop using it. After consulting with my doctor I have realized how dangerous it can be especially if you use it with caffeine. Caffeine multiplies the effects of effedrine causing serious heart problems. The worst is that when people see that the product does not deliver in terms of desired effect on weight loss then they increase the daily dose which is the worst thing you can do. Those products must not be used beyond prescribed usage rules and they are safe to use for only one whole week. Instead of using any kind of tea or drug I would recommend regular physical exercise and self discipline which is a harder way of losing weight but it is by far the best, and the safest way – believe me, I have done it why shouldn’t you?

I used Effedrine for almost a year and lost about 90 pounds. It make me feel full all the time, so I did not eat much. I drank lots of green tea and water. Be very careful not to do to much. 25 to 50 mg of the extract twice a day is all I did. Anytime I did more, or had lots of caffeine with it, I would get dizy whenever I stood up. I felt my heart skip one or two beats also when I did large doses.