A lot of what I just read makes me think there are some suffering from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)especially those that have bouts with diarrhea and constipation along with the abdominal pain. For those that have the unexplained pain, I feel for you as I too have been having unexplained pain in the upper abdominal region, directly below the sternum. I had an ERCP attempted on me in November but because of some unexplainable reason the probe refused to go through the common bile ducts and the other areas that were to be examined and my pancreas was tapped or poked a couple of times and I ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks, but low and behold, the pain was very similar and in the same region that I had been having it. My pancreas was inflamed and my liver enzymes are still too high (three times that of the Maximum). The pain has returned but my pancreas enzymes are reading normal. I was told by one doctor that I may suffer from chronic pancreatic inflammation. One thing that seems to quiet the spasms for me is a cup of warm water with 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and something to sweeten it. I drink this mixture rapidly to reach the area quickly. It may sound too cheap or "naturalistic" to be true, but it really does work for me. It may be worth a try for you too. Digestive enzymes have worked for some of my co-workers but I never had much success with them or I was too late trying them, I am not sure which.

Thank you for sharing your home remedy with us.

had my gallbladder out due to chronic pain, turns out I had sphincter of oddi dysfunction. The also did the ECRP and I ended up with chronic pancreatitis and infections and was in the hospital on TPN for 4 months. I lost 70 pounds and had to learn to eat all over again.
Unfortunately i still have the chronic pain in my upper right quadrant when I eat or drink anything. I was told that the never for the gall bladder, liver and pancreases are all on the same nerve bundle and so when I eat, or drink and the pancreas gets stimulated, it fires off all of these nerves.
I was told there is nothing they can do to help me other than give me narcotic medication that I take before each meal.

I also still get sick every time I eat so my chronic diarrhea never stopped either. I have to say its made my life hell and to top it off from the medication i've taken for the pain, I now have fatty liver. Will I ever have a normal life again? How can I manage the pain?