What about emotions with GAD? My son has just been diagnosed with this disorder and I am worried abut his future. He is constantly worrying about this and that, no important stuff and he always assumed the worst has happened. It looked just like a phase that will pas, but it I not passing at all. With this diagnose now, I am afraid with him. Will he be able to live e more or less normal life. What about relationships? Will he be capable for those?

There are many therapies today that deal with GAD. Cognitive-behavioral therapy, it analyzes damaged way in how we see world around us and ourselves. This therapy tries to deal with negative thoughts before they evolve into negative emotions. It includes five elements: education, monitoring, physical control strategies, cognitive control strategies and behavioral strategies. What each of these actually means, I guess he will find out when he start with the therapy. There are also several other therapies and many medications that can help him. As for relationships, that depends on him.