I need to know if the antisocial cognitive therapy is a good choice to deal with prolonged depression and anxiety disorder. My sis is depressed ever since our mother passed away and she lives alone, I on the other hand have my family and am trying to convince her to come live with us - but she doesn't want it. I am afraid for her for she is so negative and dark in thoughts without even a light trace of positive energy. I need to help her somehow and I have heard that antisocial cognitive therapy might help here. What do you think?

I think it is good option for your sis condition-anyway it is called antisocial cognitive behavioral therapy or CBS that is used in cases of severe depression and panic attacks and is sometimes mixed with drug therapy such as Zoloft or Prosac-and it is probably that loss of her mother has caused you this condition so this therapy is about to change her negative approach to life and to help patient to regain the control of their feeling and lives. Anyway antisocial cognitive therapy is focused on making patients understand how bad having negative approach and attitudes might be and though it takes some time finally this antisocial cognitive therapy gives some effects but usually for it is about severe form of depression this condition needs to bee treated by drugs.