My wife is in the hospital. She went to a different town to help our daughter with their kids. I could not go because I have a farm to run. Yesterday my daughter calls me to tell me that my wife is in hospital. She was saying something about endocrine hormone. I don’t understand much in medicine, so I would you like to tell me what it is?

The specialty of endocrinology encompasses the study of glands and the hormones they produce. The term "endocrine" was coined by Starling to contrast the actions of hormones secreted internally (endocrine) with those secreted externally (exocrine) or into a lumen, such as the gastrointestinal tract. The term "hormone", derived from a Greek phrase meaning "to set in motion", aptly describes the dynamic actions of these circulating substances as they elicit cellular responses and regulate physiologic processes trough feedback mechanisms. Your wife probably has some kind of endocrine disorder but I need more information to tell you what kind. Good luck.