Hi all,

I am new here and have had this problem for several years now. I have been seeing my doctor and have had the upper GI test, Endoscopy, Ultrasound, Blood tests, and a stool test. The ultrasound and stool test were last week. Here is my problem. Every morning I wake up, I am very nauseous and have occasional vomiting shortly after waking up. The nausea last for a few hours then lessens. I am going on about 3-4 years with this problem. It is getting worse. Starting a few weeks ago, after I eat, maybe about 45 minutes to an hour I start to get stomach pains that are around the middle of the stomach and to the right side. When I was at the doc last week he did some pressing on my stomach and I had some pain on the right side. So, he sent me to have an ultrasound check the gallbladder to rule out stones. The ultrasound came back normal. Every test I have is normal, yet I feel really sick. Also I feel very tired like all I want to do is sleep. These symptoms are getting worse. Anyone have this? My doctor said he does not know what else to do since every test is normal. What can I do?

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions you may have for me.

Scott

Hey my mom has the excat same thing. every morning that shes not at the hospital she'll wake up with nausea then if it dosent go away shell start getting a horrible pain in her upper abdomen. everytime she eats this pain comes. also when she vomits the pain goes away/this has been happening on and off for the past 5 months. she always gets it in the morning and like you shes had everytest done and nothing everything on the tests come good the doctors don't now whats going on they said they have never seen anything like this and they don't understand what is causing this. shes a diabetic and has been diagnosed with gastroperisis, shes also had her galbladder removed and kidney stones and still after all that nothing no results. sometimes i think its something pshycological

Hi Scott, My son has had the same thing for about 5 yrs now. He has gone to the GI Dr many times and all the test are normal. He has loss a lot of weight and has no energy to do things. They now say it's in his head but a 18 yr old boy wants to hang out and do stuff. So we know that it is real. the only relief he gets is Chamomile tea, I hope a discovery is made soon so you both can get relief.

wow thanks scott, ive been going through this for 2 years now myself i wake up every morning with serve pain and nausea, i have had ever test under the sun, first off i had twisted bowel and then thickening of the bowel in my ct scan, then had a mri to show nothing with the bowel?? now they saying i have bile relflux but surley it wouldnt cause this much nausea, im outta my mind as i am only 33 years old and have 2 children, ive been to hospital about 15 times for the pain but they feed me up on morphine and send me home , it took them 1 1/2 years to find a 14.4mm gallstone about 3 months ago which it was all taken out .. i thought my life would get easier but im still in same boat, i really feel like giving up sometimes wish someone would please help :((

Hi Morning Nausea sufferers.  

I too am suffereing from this problem and have been ever since having my two daughters (7 and 4 years ago!). I was struck by how similar to morning sickness this is.  I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to really control my sugar intake thru both pregnancies and b/feeding.... which seemed to help manage the nausea a bit as well.

Although there are many,  many, many possible causes for morning nausea: a lot of which have been mentioned in other replies...(pregnancy, IBS, uro-genital problems etc...etc...). I think what you are describing is made worse by excercise and not eating... just like mine.

I am overweight (not that that indicates anything: thin people also suffer from low blood sugar, hyper/hypoglycaemia) and have sugar binges (I think this is a key factor) and find, like many of you that the nausea is worse, the earlier I get up (5am is worst).  

After a LOT OF SEARCHING, reading, asking questions and thinking, trialling and testing myself, I am convinced that this nausea is related to low blood sugar early in the morning.  Particularly pertinant for anyone who thinks they may be border-line diabetic, are diabetic, have hyperglycaemia etc... this problem exhibits when one rises early or is some-how physically stressed (even growing rapidly) without eating REGULARLY (by regularly, I mean eating 4-6 small meals every day)  I think low blood sugar may be the problem.  In a way its a good thing because it indicates that your metabolism is still working...

For a quick relief try a little glass of watered-down apple juice, or a piece of fruit, or something that will get into your bloodstream quick (bananas are excellent)... also sip a little cold water.  Even dry crackers or toast can help. COLD WATERMELON JUICE IS BRILLIANT.

But for  a longer term relief WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND: avoid refined sugar,  refined starch and big meals... drink a glass of water every time you think of eating something, try to eat fresh fruit and veg as much as you can and learn all you can about your liver. 'The liver cleansing diet' (SANDRA Cabot) is a good start.

When your liver is stressed (overloaded) by too much fat, sugar and colourings, flavorings, presevatives, alcohol, caffeine etc.. it doesn't manage to control blood sugar very well, making you feel sick ...Literally!  Lack of sleep also seems to be factor... apparently your liver needs its sleep!?

I am currently doing the 're-boot your life' program (juices whenever I feel hungry)... no red meat, tea, cofee, alcohol etc.  it seems to be helping a lot.  Anyway, you're on a journey good luck!

To all of you suffering from stomach pains and nausea, please go to any chiropractor in your area who does allergy testing, and do muscle testing for gluten, dairy and any of ther food sensitivities. I am a holistic health coach specializing in gluten. Standard gluten blood tests do NOT work, you need to go through CYREX lab and pay $400. Endoscopy only shows celiac disease if your intestinal villis are completely damaged. If they are 99% damaged, you will not be diagnosed. I am giving you a simple and innexpensive way to test for food sensitivities. All of your symptoms lead to gluten and dairy, eliminating them from your diet is the only way of defense. And that's for the rest of your life! That means a complete dietary revolution but that also means life!

I do health coaching, gluten, paleo. If you are stuck, 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Wishing you all a healthy day!

Joanna Puciata

Holistic Health Coach

PS I got on this site when my son, who is gluten intollerant told me about a million posts in different forums by people who seem to be so lost, while the solution is so simple. Doctors do not recognize the issue, as they are not tought nutrition at schools. A pill for the ill is the solution, but in case of food sensitivities it's only the dietary change! Good luck!

I've had this for three months now all started off with having nausea all the time so I went my docs who see I had a water infection and gave me some anti sickness tablets unfortunately I had a severe reaction to them and ended up in hospital after that my nausea continued and its got to the stage now where I dread each day because I wake up feeling horrible achy and sick and the stomach pain is often unbearable. I've had endoscopy bloods test and ultrasound all which came back fairly normal. I, being referred to a gyno and will have another endoscopy and ct scan. I'm only 20 and this is ruining my life I can't do anything or go out with my friends I've had countless dayif off work and nobody seemToni understand how depressed it makes me feel I just want to know what's wrong with me because I don't think I can cope with this much longer :( 

Hi All, 

I am a 38 year old female.

Four the past four weeks I have been suffering from severe stomach pain, runs and nausea.

I found myself in the ER four times in one week; received IV meds that did absolutely nothing for any of my symptoms.

After being tested over (blood, stomach CT, urine, Gyno etc.) and being told that it isn't anything detectable I have decided that this is definitely some kind of infection in my stomach / intestines.

I am usually a healthy individual, I don't take any chronic medication and haven't felt like this other than when I was pregnant (morning sickness - although now was magnified x4  / contractions - pretty much the same level of pain).

I still have two tests to undergo - breath test to examione for Helicobactor Pylori and a colonoscopy to check for ulcers (although none have been detected in the stomach CT...).

I figured no matter what's going on in there I will go the natural route to kill bad bacteria and introduce good bacteria into my system as well as help the stomach membranes rebuild.

I started taking:

Oregano Oil Gel Capsules (OTC; Solgar; one in the morning and one in the evening after food)

Probiotic tablet (at noon after food)

Although I am turned off by food during the day time hours, I eat:

Potatoes, regular and sweet

Chicken soup (just the broth)

Toast with a bit of butter

Olive oil (a teaspoon full or on potatoes on days when I have little or no fat in my food)

A measure of relief has been immediate!!!!!!!!!

It has been three days since I began - both the stomach pain and nausea intensity have reduced from a level 8 to a level 2-3 during the morning hours and in the evenings (from around 4:30-5pm) I am at a level 1 if any.

It's still a bit rough during the day but I am no longer lying in bed clutching my stomach when I wake up in the morning.

Eating in the morning is a difficult task but I do eat to relax the burning sensation and take the oregano capsule

For some reason, I feel discomfort during the day time hours I am still trying to figure that out...I am looking into the direction of Melatonin and other hormonal secretions related with the circadian rhythm. 

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Sharon

scott I have the same thing it wakes me up at 5am I have to get out of bed and and go to the bathroom a bunch of time. I have vomiting and nausea. I also have had all the tests. ive changed my diet. I don't eat after a certain time.. I don't even want to eat anymore. Did you get any answers this cant be normal.

I also tried the reboot diet for this and it helped a lot. Still have no idea what's causing the nausea or stomach pain. After eating normally for a month or so I started getting nauseous again but it wasn't as bad for a while. I think I just need to keep juice in my regular routine.

I have been going through this for over a year now. When it first started I went to the hospital multiple times and had gallbladder checked, X-ray, and an endoscopy. The quack of a doctor who didn't take me seriously said I was just constipated and put me on miralax. Over time it slowly decreased and then came back 3 months later and was worse. When it came back I started having more symptoms accompaning the nausea and abdominal pain/vomiting. I started having migraines, severe fatigue, tremors, fast heart rate, and feeling of anxiety while I'm not anxious or worried about anything. I've driven 4 hours all the way up to Cleveland clinic and had a colonoscopy done which of course found nothing. So after finding nothing I was diagnosed with IBS which is just a generic diagnosis if they can't figure anything out. I went on the stupid FODMAP diet which by the way did nothing. I was on it for months and no improving. I've seen a neurologist, two gastrointestinal docs, multiple hospital visits, an endocrine, an ent and it's getting frustrating. Now I'm passing out and having really bad dizziness. It's been suggested that it was a problem with my pituitary gland. After seeing the endocrinologist and blood tests it was found my cortisol is super low and it's thought to be Acute adrenal crisis which is life threatening. It slowly gets worse over time while untreated, and can be deadly. I have been out of work now for 6 months and the short term disability company said im not disabled because I have no diagnosis because they can't figure anything out. It's caused more stress when I'm really sick and have no money coming in, thank God for family but it's causing so much stress not to mention not knowing what's going on. I hope they figure something out soon.

its your gall bladder, her test came back normal but the dr. is pretty sure its the gall bladder, hes taking it out

I have very similar problems, to all, the key is actually TO SLEEP MORE. It gets better as you sleep, the more sleep deprived, the more I want to throw up all day, very important to sleep, your body heals itself, relieves stress and regulates your hormones. When you're tired all the time, let yourself sleep more. I know someone that recovered by actually sleeping like 10 hrs a day or more. Don't forget strong probiotics, digestive enzymes and just a healthy homade food. Also try to avoid dairy, milk is an inflamatory food. Good luck to all.

Hello I know its been a while but I want to say that I am a male, 20, and have been having the worst stomach pains. It started with a slight loss of appetite over a year ago than moves to stomach pain after eating and sinve June Ive been having no energy I mean no energy at all no drive or motivation the pain mames everyday a challenge and I am curremtly going through the same Dr bull. The pain is so bad at all times of the day no matter if i eat or not and no matter what I eat. Its hard to live being in cpnstant discomfort. Every morning its the same pain it feels like im starving to death and javent eaten in a week even if I eat that night also I cant sleep more than 4 hours at a time

All of you need to have chronic mesentary ischemia ruled out.