Just found out that my gallbladder is low functioning but am not sure of the ejection fraction. I’m hardly eating anything and every morning I get up it feels like morning sickness and my stomach is making horrible noises all day and night. Has any one else suffered this with their gall bladder or does it sound like there is something else wrong?

I have been having problems that appear to be gallbladder. I am suffering from upper stomach pain and bad gas and weight loss which all point to- Low functioning gallbladder. I am male in early 50's. I am not overweight, but I do eat a very high fat diet. I did blood work and the ultrasound all looked good, and I have had an egd with little issues revealed also. I need to do hida next.

I had the exact same thing, it is the gallbladder. Get a hida scan to test the function, mine was only 2 percent.

My 14yr old daughter was just diagnosed with low functioning gall bladder. They said only 16% of hers is working. The ultrasound showed nothing but they did a cck and that is when they found it. I have to take her for a consult with the surgeon on the 30th. I am worried for her, this is going to be her first surgery. She is having alot of pain, I jus hope this helps her.

I have the same middle upper abdomen pain with nausea and it reminds me of morning sickness I had with all 3 of my kids. Doesn't happen all the time but the month of May I have been nauseated probably 15 days. They had done CT scans and the HIDA scan. They appear to be normal and I am waiting the results from the HIDA scan. I am getting tired of this. It wakes me up at night and I will be nauseated for 2 or 3 hours. It sometimes feels like it could be my heart but then it is the uneasiness I feel in the upper abdomen

I have been suffering from attacks, nausea & vomiting and overall feeling bad. After a severe attack with abdomen pain, vomiting and running off, I was admitted to the hospital for 5 days. My admitting doctor stated right off the bat that it was my gallbladder but never followed through with appropriate testing for my gallbladder. I then went back to my family doctor and he order a ultrasound of the gallbladder and a pipida test. The ultrasound did not show any stones so they then did the pipida test. Sure enough, my gallbladder is functioning at 1% and I am going to be having my gallbladder taken out. I have been suffering with this for over 5 weeks before I have found out. I would totally suggest that you speak with your doctor and ask that they order a pipida test.

My wife has been having problems for nearly four years. Her primary physician did the appropriate studies early on. Evidentally he misread something though. Her gallbladder funtion is at ~20%. She has been dealing with this for almost FOUR YEARS! A PA in the same office decided to look over her records because she (the PA) was not familiar with my wife's case. She noticed this within five minutes of looking at records. She is now scheduled for another test since the last one was so long ago. Assuming the funcitoning hasn't improved she will be going to surgery. The primary had been calling it cholitis and treating her for that. Early on he r/o gall bladder problems. Anybody have any similar situations? Are there any problems that could occur from this going untreated for so long? We're just happy we finally have an answer. She's been miserable for the last four years and now sees "a light at the end of the tunnel."

I cannot imagine how your wife endured 4 years of symptoms of a disfunctional gall bladder. I waited just 5 weeks, before a HIDA scan showed that my gall bladder function was 13%, and I was really stressed out from that amount of time. It has been 2 1/2 months since my surgery to have it removed, and although I am better than I was before the surgery, I am still having problems. Please be patient after surgery; it may take many months before she is back to normal.

I am a 44 yr old woman who has had pain almost daily for 3 1/2 mos. I have pain under the right ribcage...pain in the sternum... chest pains mostly on the right side always while eating ...and bloated within 10 min. after eating. I went to E.R. and they did a CT scan which showed no stones....then sent for an Ultrasound, that showed no inflamation, or cholitisey look... then sent for a Hydascope. It showed my functionality was at 28%. not extremly low!

The question I have is... The technician that did the Hydascope, told me that Hormones controll the contractions of the Gall Bladder. Almost to the hour of Starting my Menstral I was completely free from pain and able to eat ANYTHING pain free(the worst pain, was the week before starting...and I am Premenapausal) and upon completion of period I continued having pains. I took the Hydascope during the first full day of my period. CAN Hormones temporarily raise the Function Percent... as to be pain free, and a false function rate? Anyone else have this symptom?

the hormone CCK (not estrogen and other hormones) is what is used to check gallbladder functioning.

Interesting post. I am currently waiting for my ultrasound results for my gall badder but I didn't see any stones when I asked if I could look at it. With the discomfort I'm having, I will insist on a HIDA scan if they say the ultrasound showed nothing. What I found interesting in your post is that your symptoms improved after your period - MINE TOO. I kept a log of how I've been feeling the past few months because I have been feeling so horrible before the week before my period - major increase in all of the gall bladder and pancreatic symptoms. But then I have my period and it all subsides for a week. Just my experience - don't know if there is anything to it.

I am 19, supposably healthy, not overweight, active and I had my ultrasound sound done, the HIDA and the CT scan a year ago! My gallbladder functions at 12% as of last year, i am finally having my surgery in month. but yes your problems match EXACTLY to mine. good luck, and go see the doctor and get your test results!

I have been having the same problems pretty much all of this year....by the summer I was feeling it on a almost daily basis....and now I feel horrible daily.......an u/s in July showed only 1 stone approx... 1.5 cm in diameter....my GP didn't think that was the problem...but he sent me to GI doc anyway.....had the scan....and it came back that my gallbladder was functioning below normal...but he wouldn't tell me how much below normal??......and that basically unless I am doubled over in pain and vomiting constantly they will not remove it. He said not everyone feels better after getting it removed, and some people feel worse.

I am seeing a naturopath, and hopefully changing my diet and taking supplements to support a properly functioning gallbladder does the trick.

I just started that a couple of weeks, so I I can't say how well it's helping....but when I mentioned to the GI doc that I would go and see a naturopath, he did say that he has had a few patients that have had a lot of luck with that route. So, it's something to try before rushing to the operating table.

I'm having the exact same issues...in regards to the menstral cycle. I am on birth control pills and usually have pain, gas, and bloating daily during the 3 weeks of "active" pills. I'm totally pain free the week I'm on the "inactive" pills/the same week as my period. My doctor has not mentioned that hormones could be playing a part but this totally makes sense to me!!!!

Back in Jan 2007 I was diagnosed with my gallbladder function only 11%. March 2007 I went in to have the surgery to take out my gallbladder. May 2007 I was diagnosed with Hepitits b/c my liver enzymes were elevated. The Dr's did a test to see if and why I had the Heptitis 2 weeks later and founf that there wasn't any signs pointing to why I had it, or even why it all of a sudden disapeared. I thought for the longest time that the hospital was hiding amistake that they had made during the surgery. But they told me that there was not any sign of infection. Nov 2007 I was on my way to work and had my 4yr and 2 yrs old in my car with me, and I started getting severe stomache pain. Just like I did when I had my gallbladder in and just like I did when I had Hepititis. I pushed myself to keep driving so that I could get my girl to their daycare which was 2 1/2 miles down the road. I was screaming, and my children were scared. I then vomited all over my car and managed to make it to the Hospital which was 1/2 mile to the daycare instead. I called my dad on my cell while sitting out in the car in front of the Hospital. My dad then called the hospital and told them that I was sitting out there with my 2 children and the situation. The hospital staff barely helped me watch my girls while admitting me. Seeing the vomit all over me and my car they still sent me home for vomiting. Nothing else was done. There have been more instances that are like this with me without my gallbladder and still I have pain. It's now 2010!!! Back in 2007 I was diagnosed, probably in June with the GERD so I try to watch what I eat. Another factor that plays in this is I was pregnant Feb 2008-Nov 2008 with another baby girl, and had not one stomach problem, except heartburn. Then I got my tubes tied Feb 2009. Now before every period I have the pains, not cramps, but liver pains, that hurt so bad they knock me to the ground. August 2010, I found out that they were doing lawsuits against YAZ and the Nuva Ring. Nov 2006 I started taking the Nuva Ring. Yaz had a lawsuit for gallbladder and heart related issues, but the Nuva Ring was only for the heart. I talked to 3 lawyers and none of them would take my claim b/c they said that N.R. was not being sued for gallbladder. I am sure that I am not the only one that has taken this drug to find seviere consequences can result. When I sopped taking the Nuva Ring in Jan 2008. My pain subsided until I had my tubes tied. This drug put my body in a painful state and now this company reaped only my benifits. If any of you are taking this drug, Yaz, or even the patch....please find a better way before it's to late! Is there anyone with the same ordeal??? Because getting your Gallbladder out is not always the light at the end of this horrible tunnel of pain!!! By reading some of yours comments it looks as though you all have hormonal effects to your gallbladders.