Hello.
I have a question to post. I am supposed to undergo endomentrial ablation this summer. What are the complications possible when undergoing endomentrial ablation?
Thanks in advance!

Hey!
May I have just one suggestion first- do not think of complications. I know you are worried something might go wrong and you need to know what the risk is with endomentrial ablation, but be more positive. I am sure you will do just fine and no complications will happen. Besides there are very rare complications with endomentrial ablation, though if they happen, they are serious. Uterine perforation, which means puncturing hole in uterus may occur and may result in hemorrhage or bowel injury. Electrosurgery requires fluid to be instilled in the uterine cavity which can lead to fluid overload. In contrast to women who undergo hysterectomy, women who undergo endomentrial ablation are treated with progestogens. Progestogens are sued to reduce the risk of developing utrine cancer when postmenopausal estrogen replacement therapy is prescribed.
Think positive! You’ll be fine!

I had the balloon ablation on Sep. 7, 2007, I was just given a mixture of medication and was awake during the whole procedure. It was actually not bad, I felt nothing, until I got home and had the most severe cramping that not even pain medication would help. The pain only lasted about 12 hours and I was so drugged up I only remember the pain off and on, but when I woke up it was bad. Problem is that I still have spotting/discharge and have for 5 weeks now. I was on my last day of my period when the procedure was done and my periods were regular every 21 days, just very heavy lasting 7-10 days, which started after my tubal in Aug. 2006. I just want to know an I every going to stop this discharge/spotting. I am raw from wearing pads, even though it is not heavy it is aggravating that it goes from pink to brown, and even has pieces of skin still 5 weeks later!!! Can anyone tell me what is wrong and why I am still having this discharge, will it ever end?????