I had an endometrial ablation about 8 years ago. Is it normal to have a different vaginal odor after this procedure? I had a couple bf's tell me it didn't smell right. I went for testing and all came back ok... yet still strong odor.....not "bad' smell, just stronger. I wash and bathe regularly, yet believe douching to be unhealthy.Any suggestions?

Can you explain the smell? Liken it to somethingg?

LIKE A DEATH ANIMAL BEEN DEATH FOR MONTHS..

hi

i just had it done a week ago and  not alot of pain no bleeding yet but the odor is horrible  sucks this as nevr mention at the dr vist before  they did it  i may have though teice but 3 months of a period was enough for me  thanks for istening  ... any tip on the odor issue 

Just has the ablation done almost 4 weeks ago. The doc recommeneded yhe procedure due to recurring uterine polyps. I didn't suffer much pain at all after the procedure and the discharge has been exactly what the doc had said, my 2 week followup was fine, it was at that appt that the doc said the discharge would last 2 months (this was never ecplained orior to procedure). He also said it was fien for me to resume intercourse (haven't yet but planning to this weekend). However, now in addition to the discharge, there is a very strong odor which was never explained to me as a side effect but now I see it eveidently is very common. I hoping to that some shares some tips on how to get rid of the odor (natural remedies). I'm really done on modern medicine right now and am starting to suspect this is just a convenient way for docs to make extra $$$ on this procedure. :(

I had Novasure in 2008 and am having a really bad odor as well.  It's mostly after sex, but it lasts for days.  Smells like death almost - and I've never had an odor before unless there was an infection.  I also have some spotting/clotting that a horrible brown color (like old blood).  I have been through BV treatment with Flagyl gel and pills, but the odor is still prevalent after intercourse of any type. 

I never had odor after sex until I had the ablation. I had the hot water ablation . My theory is that the vagina is self cleansing until you ruin it with ablation then it can't clean itself so if u get sperm In u it rots in u cause the vagina can't clean itself, I found rephresh after sex is helpful and that douche with half peroxide took odor right away! Dr said I had yeast infection but the smell came right back after ticonazole treatment . I also take acidophilus regularly

I just had the ablation surgery last month. The heavy bleeding stopped, but now i have this smelly discharge that stinks so bad. I'm done too with all this modern medicine. It's all about making money.

I had the procedure done 4 years ago and my vagina now smells horrible. I been to the gyn and no infection its so frustrating. The boric acid capsules work great