has anyone noticed if their uterus contracts after orgasm AFTER having a NovaSure endometrial ablation?? I was not warned about this and am very disappointed as the orgasms aren't as good as before. Can a D and C, scraping out the scar tissue formed by the ablation, reverse the ablation?? I don't need it totally reversed but sex isn't as fun that is for sure.

I had an ablation exactly a year ago, and I have spotting and then develop a light, brif period every time I have sex or "solo sex" with or without my vibrator. My uterus always contracted with orgasm and still does (thought this was normal), and I haven't noticed a difference in quality, but I didn't know this ablation procedure was going to lead to spotting/bleeding with every orgasm. I thought the procedure lead to no lining left in the uterus--thus, little or no period. What's the truth here?

Hi! Orgasms normally creates strong rhythmic contractions of the uterus that can last for a while. Some women feel this as great and some as discomfort. The ablation affects the muscle fibers of the uterus and the nerves. Some of this may come back in time as these repair themselves. Women with great sex lives have a 50/50 chance of this getting worse with any uterine surgery other than D&C or LEEP or cryo. Women with a lot of pain or other problems have a 50-50 shot at getting better. Jim Smeltzer, MD

please let me know if you were able to correct this? no one every mentioned the lack of orgasims after this procedure. I would have never have had this procedure if I would have known.

I could have written this as I have exactly the same complaint!! It ias nearly 4 years since my procedure and it has been sad, disappointed and miserable. Sex is not as fun any more. I keep meaning to go back to my surgeon and ask him but I haven't had the nerve.

Did you ever find our anything? I had the same procedure I'm October and having difficulty with orgasms. Please help very frustrated! !

I just had it done a week of go i was wonder was O gonna feel the same my O comes faster and stronger than before talk to your doc hormones may be needed

Have you had any changes??? I have noticed that it is more difficult too and I had my procedure in November 2015 and have noticed a big change

Mine will be done a year this month, and this week I just started getting my orgasms back there quicker and more intense , I was getting worried but said each woman is different and I also had alot of stress, so I'm happy to report ,this girl is not complaingone now looking forward to 49.....

I had mine done over a year ago and lost 1/2 my orgasm. My Gynaecologist was very dismissive and said he'd "never heard of that happening". I was pretty devastated. i was still having orgasms, but just light fluttery ones. hardly worth the bother.

My GP explained that it was likely nerve damage and was very reassuring that there was a good chance they would repair themselves.

It took about 3 months and they started to come back. My Orgasms are now stronger than ever, with very deep uterine contractions.

I'm a hypnotherapist and tantra instructor so used self hypnosis, other healing techniques, and did some Jade Egg work. I think it's the Jade Egg that made the biggest difference. Or maybe it was everything.

Don't lose hope. you can heal, and it will get better.

I had an ablation / d&c 1 month ago. I've resumed sexual activity but cannot orgasim. Will my sensation return? I do finish, but not 5 to 6 times like before.

Had mine done 4 months ago and had complications with surgery. Prior to surgery I could reach orgasm easily and they were intense. Now it feels like everything is numb and it takes me forever if I even do and it's just a flutter, not very intense. I'm so disappointed and never would have had it done if my doctor would have told me of that possible side effect. I changed doctors after the surgery and new doctor has been a little dismissive (male) saying there's no physical reason from surgery for this. But after reading these replies, I'm seeing there are others. I just pray it comes back.

I have exactly the same problem and it truly sux!! Had my ablation 6 years ago, no bleeding since but no orgasm either. No warning that this may happen, very upsetting and I have no idea what to do about it.

I was rendered infertile but I found favor with God and I will find out that I am pregnant in six weeks. I will not see a period this time so I am pregnant.

Same thing happened to me, I would never have had it either