Hi, I had endometrail ablation in june of 2006 and now it is jan. 2007. My periods emediatly came back and they run normal 7 days usually and normal heavyness. I was told that my periods would either be gone or only a couple of days long and very light. I had this proceedure becouse of extremly heavy periods..(even the doctor agreed extremly heavy) that made me anemic. also found fibroids. But my newest consern also that iwould like to understand is this month i got cramps then a period for only 2 days, then after the period ended cramps again and I have been having them occasionally for the remaining week. I Don't know if any of this is normal. Please help.......Also just incase it matters. years before I had a tubal ligation.

I have the same after effects as many other women after this procedure. After 6 months I still have a very heavy discharge similar to a flow. A very watery discharge and I have to wear a pad constantly. And I also experience the tugging that one women reports. My doctor is also not too helpful at this point and acts like he never heard of this before. It seems to me that all the after effects were not reported to me at the time I made the decision to have this surgery. I was only told about how wonderful it is. I, like many other women would appreciate any advise or help that you have found to be helpful.

I am in the same situation as I have read with these other women. I had the procedure done Aug 2006 and thinking after the 6 weeks of healing that my normal 7 day period would minimize or disappear all together. Well starting in Dec 2006 I had a spotty 7 day period and then in Feb 2007 I've had a full blown period that lasts 7 days and on days 3-5 I cramp like I'm in labor. I have made an appointment next week with my doctor and I want some serious explanations to why the procedure wasn't like he told me it would be.

:) I had an ablation done in November of 2006. I am 37years old. I had periods that wouldnt stop. After the procedure everything is back to normal. My only problem is weight gain. I was down to 103 before the surgery now I am up to 113. Right i'm not fat but the weight gain is a little depressing once you get used to not having a tummy and wearing a size 2. I was curious if anyone else had gained weight after having an ablation.

Hello Ladies! I had a NovaSure Ablation around the end of November 2006 and it is now April 2007 and I am happy to say that I am *knock on wood* period free! I chose this option instead of a hysterectory because I had a tubal ligation approx 10 yrs ago. I am enjoying having my life back to "normal" however I am experiencing weight gain! It seems that my weight has shot up almost 10lbs w/in the last 5-6 mths! I recently went to the Dr (general practice) and took a thyroid test. I am still waiting on the results however I think I may make an appt w/ my OB/GYN to talk a little more about this. I have just recently started taking over the counter water pills to see if this may help. It seemed to have helped when I was on the Depo Provera. It seems the body retains water when you are not having periods....I've been told. Hopefully I am not the only one out here that is experiencing this. I will be more than happy to share my results. Is there someone else out there experiencing the same problems? Help?! Stay strong and encouraged everyone!

I had the ablation done in Feb 2006 due to very painful cramping and some heavy bleeding. I am one of the ones who continued to have periods although they are very light and only about 3 days. Seems as if my cramping is coming back a little worse each month. I have recently also been experiencing sharp stabbing pains in my lower left and right sides. Sometimes for a couple of days straight to where it hurts to even turn over in the bed. I went to the doctor thinking it was possibly a cyst or something. I learned that sometimes because of the ablation you still bleed but the blood gets stuck in your tubes and basically backs up and causes this pain. I also had cramping before and after each period. My next step now is the laprascopy hysterectomy. Anyone experience these symptoms?

I had thermal ablation in March 2007 and although the periods have reduced from miscarriage level of bleeding to spotting :-) the weight gain issue is getting me down. My stomach was full of gas after the op so I expected that but my food intake is the same as ever and I am on Thyroxin so it can't be my low thyroid. I am usually 55kg and now am 56.5 and could gain more I expect. I have had 2 caesareans in the past and it is as if the scarring has quadrupled around it to produce a bulge. I go with the water retention theory as I used to balloon before the period, pee gallons during and then repeat the process 3 weeks later. Now the water is still there. Bananas and aduki beans I suppose is the next step. My appt is in June so they will express surprise and say exercise I suppose.

Guest wrote:

Casey1 wrote:

-
I also have gained weight after this procedure....I've gained about 10 pounds. I have the procedure done in Nov 2006....since then I never get a period.

I also am experiencing severe cramping during my periods. My menstral flwo is much lighter however, the cramping is worse. I also have gained 5 lbs since the ablation. I am on synthroid for Hypothyroidism so, it is most likely water weight gain.
Wondering if anyone can offer any advice regarding the severe cramping... I havent been to the Obygyn ...My health insurnace doesn not cover this type of visit.
Thanks

I had the novasure done Dec. 26, 2006. Very light periods compared to what I had, but did gain 10 pounds over just the last month. Someone mentioned water pills, I notice I am not urinating as frequently as I use too. I am also having a problem with some odor, not too bad, but not good either.

I had an ablation Oct of 06 due to heavy periods. Of coarse Im one of the lucky ones that it did not work on. I not only continue with heavy periods, Im so lucky I have 2 a month. I had a tubal ligation in Feb 06 after my twins were born but I have tried the Pill to control my bleeding but I have migraines and they only make them worse. So, at 33 I am looking at a Lap assist hyst.. Only thing stopping me is I know several women who gain at least 30pounds afterwards! Im not a small woman. 160.

Hi every one.. I had the surgery done in April 07 at first I thought it did not work because i bleed for 1 month after my surgery.. have not had a period since..I do have the watery dicharge though...after reading this i guess thats normal..at least I hope.

I had an ablation ( Novasure ) in Dec... I have also gained 5 lbs. It isnt thyroid.. I am already on meds for that. I am also haveing VERY severe cramping during periods. My periods are better (not gone) But the cramping is extreme. I am avoiding the Dr because of the cost. But, am worried about the cramping and not happy witht he weight gain. Thanks to many of you I have started the water pills and it has helped a little.

>:(

I had an ablation in 2005 and then 6 months later I had severe cramping. They found since I had my tubes tied previously that they were filling up with fluid and blood. I had to have them out. Now it is 2007 and I have been experiencing terrible cramping and don't know why. I went to the Dr. and had a sonogram but it showed nothing. I am at my wits end. Just take it all out!