I had the Nova Sure proceedure done on 8/1/07. I havent had a day without bleeding or spotting since. I saw my dr. who checked it out.He said everything looks fine and to give it ANOTHER 6 weeks. I've been looking into what might be going on and it looks like I may have something called adenomyosis. What I want to know is this: Will I start having regular cycles again?? At this point I dont even care if I start having regular periods again , I just want to stop bleeding from this surgery....I do not want a hysterectomy. Just wanting to know what has happened to other women in my situation Lisa

I had the procedure on 8/17/07 and am experience the same after effects. I am 41 years old - how old are you? Just wondering if age has anything to do with it. I have not stopped bleeding since the procedure. It had slowed down to watery - but now is back to blood red and heavy like a period. I thought about calling my doctor again, but I know he'll take the "wait and see" approach. I hate this!!

Oh my gosh. I am 40 and had the Novasure on August 17th too. Bled for three weeks and then it stopped. I had what I am thinking is a period. So disappointed because I had somewhat heavy bleeding and clotting. I started bleeding again...tomorrow it will be two weeks straight. Mind you, it is a very light flow but still some very tiny clots. Doctor says I am still healing and this is residual. I just wish it would stop. I travel a lot with my job and this is one of the reasons I had the Novasure. It was getting to the point I had to turn down trips because the date would be around my period. However, the everyday bleeding is a bit discouraging. I will give it six more weeks.

Keep me posted with your recovery.

I've been continuously bleeding since 7/28/07. Prior to that, I'd tried hormones to stop the bleeding. Anyway, I had my endometrial ablation and tubes tied on 10/10. I still haven't stopped bleeding. Initially, it slowed down significantly, but I am back to heavier bleeding. So far, I am not having those huge clots and haven't need to go back to bringing several changes of clothes to work each day, but I am soooo tired of bleeding. Although my doctor said to expect bleeding for two (maybe three weeks) post procedure, I wasn't sure how much longer to wait to call my doctor to let him know that this procedure hadn't worked - I figured that I'd be told to give it more time. I called yesterday and the doctor said that the next step is a hysterectomy. I'm not thrilled with yet another surgery and time off work, but this bleeding has to stop. I'm not sure how quickly the hysterectomy will be scheduled, but I am hopeful that this nightmare will eventually be behind me.

I too had the Novasure and a D&C to remove a uterine polyp on 12/14/07. I had light spotting for a few days then began to bleed very heavily and needed another surgery. I was fine for a week and started bleeding again a week later. I have been bleeding heavy again for 14 days straight with no end in sight. My Dr. has been so laid back and says to wait it out. I asked for an ultrasound where they found something is still in my uterus (he says he doesn't know what it is). I just wanted to see if anyone had resolved their issues. I don't know what to do at this point. It's been 32 days and I feel like I am going crazy!!!

I had the NovaSure procuede 8/17/07 and bled coninuously for 4 months. Lots of spotting, bleeding after intercourse and still had periods. I had an ultrasound and they found a small mass in my uterus. My new OBGYN performed an additional D&C a week ago and I have just started what seems to be yet another heavy, crampy period with lots of clotting. I am so frustrated!! I am still waiting for the pathology results of the D&C but the dr. seems to think it was residual scar tissues from the ablation. I am not opposed to a hysterectomy at this point. I just want some comfort! If anyone has any advice or info, please forward!

I have also had a hysteroscopy, D & C including Novasure because of fibroids, on the 31.01.08. All was well for over a week and then I bled continuously for 3 months, with a lot of pain. Originally I had the choice of Novasure or hysterectomy, and favoured the less invasive treatment. Disappointed with the Novasure procedure, I went to see my GP the beginning of April and asked to be placed on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. Since May I have not had a period and I am due to see the gynae consultant 13.05.08 to discuss the hysterectomy. If Novasure works after several months of bleeding I may not have to have the hysterectomy - which is good! I am annoyed, however, that there is so much conflicting information out there as to how one knows when Novasure or any other ablation is successful - what is the amount of time we should wait before taking our concerns further?

i just read yesterday that it can take 6 to 12 months for the full effect of the novasure because it takes time for all the scar tissue to form i got my period the other day after having the proceedure done 5 weeks ago i was disapointed so i started looking on the web how long this can take

I had my endometrial ablation done on April 11-08 after four years of extremely heavy periods, embarassing leak throughs and lost time at work. It is now 5 1/2 weeks later and Im still bleeding. After about 4 weeks, it let up to almost nothing for about a week and just started again last week. I can feel myself ovulate, and my periods were dead on 28 days every month, so if I was to have a period it would be due May 22nd/08, so if I get heavier bleeding around that time, I'll know that my periods are still coming, but I can understand that it would take quite a while for the scar tissue to form to avoid the monthly buildup. Im going to wait it out, because after the periods I was having, this pantiliner thing is a breeze. Will keep you updated.

I had the NovaSure done 13 months ago. In the beginning I still had a period although it was lighter than it was before the procedure. It started out about every 28 days then reduced to about 21. At that point i was getting worried i was headed right back to what i had before. Probably over the last 5 mos. or so ive been holding steady at 25 days with about 3 days tops of spotting..some mos slightly more than others. This month im at day 30 and nothing yet other than my usual pms symtoms, bloating, a little cramping, breast tenderness, not as moody as i can be other months though. Does anyone know if over time your periods can get less and less and possibly stop all together? I'll be 37 in a few months. Im trying not to panic yet..
Id like to hear from women that have had successful endometrial ablations and what they experienced over time.
Thanks!

you can go to endometrialablationboardyuku.com ablation website i stumbled across it a feww weeks ago it has updates from month 1 up to 10 yrs

I had the NovaSure procedure done the first week of November '07. I lightly spotted for a couple weeks, then nothing. No periods - no spotting UNTIL last week!. I noticed for one day that I had light spotting. Now today, the spotting is back but just a bit heavier - just a thick pink discharge. I sure hope this does not turn into full-on bleeding. Is it normal to start bleeding 7 months after this procedure?

This is a non-existant site (with the www in front). Was it misspelled perhaps? Googling it brings up nothing either.

this is what is say in the bar endometrialablationboard.yuku.com/

I was looking on the internet for some answers to questions I have about this procedure.
I'm 56. I did not bleed for over 2 years, so I am postmenopausal, but then recently started bleeding heavily with clots, lower back ache and cramps. This after starting hormone therapy.
Previous to menopause I had terrible heavy bleeding and fibroids.

I had the procefure this past Wed. It was fine until the next day, I started running a fever. I called on fri, they wanted me to come into the office, but I was too sick. I was vomiting, fever and terrible headache.

I ended up in the ER on Sat. and they took blood and urine. I had high white cell count and bacteria in urine.
But they also said I had a sinus infection? Who knows.

I had a shot of morphine and antibiotic, and started to feel better.

I saw my GYN on monday and told her I did not think my fever was caused by a sinus infection. she said maybe the fibroids breaking up could cause a fever. Again, who knows,

I feel fine now, but I have a question about how long I would bleed. Like the rest of you I am sick of bleeding.
I have been bleeding for a week now and hope it stops soon.
That is the reason for the procedure to stop the bleeding right!

I guess it could go on for a while.
I have no cramps or back ache and that is good, but I want this bleeding to stop.

Kitty