my daughter has an enlarged clitoris she is 11 almost 12
and finds this very uncomfortable
is there anything abnormal and can anything be done

If her clitoris is a centimeter or less in diameter, I wouldn't worry. If she shows signs of masculinity ie. facial hair, deepening voice, etc. I'd consult an endocrinologist. The clitoris varies in size just like the penis in males. Please avoid surgery unless there is a very serious problem. In the meantime tell her not to worry as this is not a serious problem and there are many other normal girls out there like her. God Bless.

I think she is probably normal. I would think that most girls her age have a size that is close to that. I am not normal as far as clitoris size, mine was about 2 cm long and about 1.5cm wide at her age. And as a teen mine like trippled in length and I was afraid to masterbate cause it would get larger and erect-up like a boy's thingy.

"normal" is overrated. If you are happy with yourself, no matter how you are, then you are wonderful.

You should get your daughter looked at by a doctor or specialist a large clitoris can be symptom of health problems or conditions (conditions are not always problems). Furthermore surgery is always an option to reduce size but that is for cosmetic reasons and should never be considered ever i.e bad selfish parenting.

Yes Big clitoris can be a symptom of health conditions. Detecting if possible(kids are diffrent than adults) problem/'s early will leave your daughter safer however being overly scared is a bad thingy (i.e don't be paranoid ). Surgery is optional but not advised, the only reason clitoral surgery should ever be considered is in the case of cyst removal or worse cancer. Many men like myself and some lesbians love women with big clitorises so there will be love with which ever sex or both she is attracted to when she is an adult

I agree with the last post... she may well consider herself very fortunate in the long run. During lovemaking many men cannot even find their lover's clitoris! She wont have that problem, and the extra sensitivity she will have will inevitably enhance her sexual sensatons and make it easier for her to achieve orgasm.

Take a number dude!

Size of a clitoris very much varies. And what you described sounds about perfect from my expertise.
There are erections in clitoris tissue too. If she has them happening it is a good thing... but never getting erections IS a concern of blood flow or other physical malodities.
Be sure she has been presented the facts regarding the female clitoris; its purpose, and it's function (erections). Not knowing these facts if frustrating and leads to anxiety.

Hear is something just thought I need to add... Many circumcised (in early age) women are decieved into thinking they have a small clit. Perhaps you are the unusual one? Have you ever been circumcised?

My daughter is only 5 and hers is protruding through her lips down there. Is it normal? I notice she's always poking at herself and when I ask why she says it itches. She does have problems when she pees, it shoots upward. Will she grow out of this or should I worry?

This could be true. My dad and his pedo friends fondled and licked me from toddler to teen. Now I have a very large clitoris.

I believe that there is nothing wrong with having a large clitoris, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Making a big deal about it will make her feel that she is different from other girls. I was born with a large clitoris and labia, I was teased by other girls when I first started to change in the school locker room. I did see other girls vulva and mine was twice the size of other girls. I was ashamed of my big vulva and never changed in front of other girls and kept it hidden from sight. Even my mother has made comments about my big clitoris, my sister's asked me if I was really a girl, because I was developing a penis. And that is what my clitoris resembles, it looks like a small penis. It took me years to get over my shame and now I'm proud of my big clitoris and labia. Don't make her feel that she is different, be open and honest with her. Tell her that she is very fortunate to have been born so well endowed. Explain how the clitoris is there for pleasure.

Don't make it a issue with her, its a perfectly natural thing to be born with a large clitoris , don't have anything done surgical to change it. There is know health problems related to a large clitoris. Don't worry if she enjoys touching or rubbing her clitoris, it feels good and we all do the same thing. Male and female, you will never change her from wanting to masturbate. You will only create a unnatural feeling that it is wrong to self pleasure. Leave her sexuality alone and let her be who she was born to be.

I agree. Enjoy how you were made.

My daughter is 7 almost 8 she says she hurts in her private area I had her soak in a warm bath she says the water hurts her