I had significant weight loss. After that I have vertigo, tinnitus and some other problems. I had numerous tests and the end doctor told me that my problem is patulous Eustachian tube. Doctor suggested me a surgery. Do you know something about Eustachian tube surgery?

Hi! Patulous Eustachian tube surgery involves the creation of a small hole in the eardrum called a myringotomy. The tympanostomy tube is gently placed through the myringotomy. The procedure is not particularly painful. Most over the counter pain medicines relieve the discomfort associated with this procedure. Surgical risks may include fever, infection, bleeding and allergic or adverse reactions to anesthesia medications. My child had this surgery, and surgery was successful.

You are talking about ear tubes for Eustachian tube dysfunction. Patulous is the opposite as where the Eustachian tube remains open instead of staying closed. Ear tubes worsen the condition.